New 2003 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otto7668

Reaction score
Hey guys my names Steve I'm from Massachusetts.. Just picked up a 2003 warrior red/black for 500$. Hadn't been run in over a year..got it running today runs a bit rough and has trouble idling but I think I gotta clean the carb..needs a new starter relay but other than that I feel like I got a pretty good deal..nice clean machine ill post pics as soon as I can... Any tips on a tune up would be greatly appreciated!!!

Welcome to the Forums Steve.
I wouldn't worry to much about tuning yet. Swap that relay. Change the oil, maybe a new filter. Clean the carb up good, and toss a new plug at it. See what you have from there?

Hey there. Clean or replace the air filter. Check and adjust the valves, it's good practice.

Here are some pics...and not too sure on how to adjust the valves I don't wanna mess something up haha

Last edited:
Here are some pics...and not too sure on how to adjust the valves I don't wanna mess something up haha

It's actually pretty simple.

I used to have to adjust mine all the time cause the keeper nut kept backing off. So I consider myself a pro at it.. lol

First pull the spark plug. (it makes the motor easier to turn over). Then take off the little plastic stator cover on the left side of the motor, and pull the little black plug on top of the mag cover. It comes out using a flat head screw driver.
Use a socket, and turn the motor over till you see a "T" threw the hole in the mag cover. (there is an F to, so just make sure you have the right letter. lol)
Now pull the rocker covers off, and you'll see right away how its done.
There is a 10mm nut on top of the spring, with a little square adjuster on the top. Loosen the keeper nut, but "do not" remove it! THEIR A BITCH TO GET BACK ON! Use a feeler gauge under the adjuster (you can usually turn it with your fingers) till you can just the feeler in, and out. Tighten down the keeper, and your done.. Then you just have to put it back together. lol

Set the intake at .06 to .10mm.
And the exhaust at .16 to .20mm

Voila! There set.. :tup:

Last edited:
Just be certain that the rockers have some side to side, AND up and down play BEFORE you loosen the jam nuts. If they are tight, you need to rotate the engine again untill the rockers are loose WHILE the "T" is lined up with it's mark.

is it common for these bikes to have carb problems after sitting for awhile? or are there other things that i should worry about? Thanks -Steve

is it common for these bikes to have carb problems after sitting for awhile? or are there other things that i should worry about? Thanks -Steve
With the shitty gas we have to deal with these days, every carb has problems after sitting for a while. It's probably just varnished up jets.

im gonna tear into the carb tomorrow morning since i have the day off...hopefully that will fix the rough idle

Back