Hello.Newbie from NC here.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supplementing

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I decided to register here because I'm going to pick up my 1990 warrior in the morning. Im trading an xbox360 and a few games for it (what a steal). It runs but needs a battery and new rear tires, but he is throwing in an extra motor,a set of front tires with wheels, and some extra plastics. I cant complain. I look forward to learning from you guys and building this atv to be a beast.

What part of NC are you from dude? I'm right here just north of Wilmington. Sounds like a hell of trade to me. I'd trade my Xbox for a Warrior too haha.

What part of NC are you from dude? I'm right here just north of Wilmington. Sounds like a hell of trade to me. I'd trade my Xbox for a Warrior too haha.

Im from Lenoir, about 30 min away from Boone.

oh okay, little up the road lol. welcome to the site anyway. there are a few guys from up that way i think.

WELCOME, i just redid mine if you have any questions, ahhh hell ev1 here will help! what xtra plastics you get? i might be interested!

Thanks guys.Just got in from messing with it, it was approaching dark when I got home with it, so here is the only pic I could get tonight because I had already put all the parts in the building. Ill get some more tomorrow with the extra motor, tires, and plastics.
wc0iS.jpg

87-88 a arm mount , pull start, and hood are way ... nice pegs tho

Alrighty, at least now I know, it doesnt bother me, I still got a great deal. I really need to get some nerfs asap though...then I gotta get me some lights.However, 1st priority is getting a battery wired up tomorrow so I can start it easier, rolling this dang thing off sucks, wayyy to much compression, its eating the tires all to hell. Then I need to get a new pull rope, the one on it is broken.

yeah i know the deal mine is broken right now to ... you need any parts for that thing let me/beastly know we both have 87 part bikes ... have a look at ball joints the 87 has removable ball joints with 4 notches in the top and the 88 does not .. then you'll know what year it is

yeah i know the deal mine is broken right now to ... you need any parts for that thing let me/beastly know we both have 87 part bikes ... have a look at ball joints the 87 has removable ball joints with 4 notches in the top and the 88 does not .. then you'll know what year it is

Alright, Im trying to get the pull start working atm, Idk if I did something wrong or what, but it is making a noise like an rc car when I pull it and its extremely hard to pull, I have to stand on the peg and use all my strength to get it to budge, the metal part with the teeth that the pull start turns is supposed to turn forward right?

starter clutch is bad i bet whats happening is your pull the starter over with motor ....

starter clutch is bad i bet whats happening is your pull the starter over with motor ....

No, It stopped, I had the pull start assembled wrong or something, I got it cranking via pullstart now no problem.The compression makes it a bitch though lol.Im gonna get jacked pullstarting this thing. Also, I need some new motor mounts, the are wore out and the motor moves a little, do you know anywhere I can get some? I checked ebay and they dont have what I need.

yeah with my stroker i have to stand of the nerf bar to pull her over or i just lift the quad off the ground

Unless someone changed it, there should be a compression decomp lever on the exhaust rocker cover (font cover). Just lift it up till it stays up, and pull it over. Much easier. Anyother 1st gen owner... AWESOME!!! Lol. Please get the factory lights and keep the look alive.

Unless someone changed it, there should be a compression decomp lever on the exhaust rocker cover (font cover). Just lift it up till it stays up, and pull it over. Much easier. Anyother 1st gen owner... AWESOME!!! Lol. Please get the factory lights and keep the look alive.

Im not really a fan of the stock lights, but I definitely need some so if I get ahold of any lights that will work, they are going on lol. Also, thanks for the decomp help, Ill have to take a look in the morning, that thing is nasty to start without it, It kept pulling the pull cord out of the plastic pulley hole, I even triple knotted it and it pulled it through.But now I got some new pull cord and a washer to keep the cord from sliding through the hole.Hopefully the decomp lever is there..
UPDATE: The anxiety was killing me, I just went out in the building and found the decomp lever, pulled it with 2 fingers.Thanks so much man, your a lifesaver, or should I say arm saver.lol
I got another pic of the other side also, if anyone cares, here it is.It has a supertrapp, but the previous owner gutted it, so its basically straight piped, and annoyingly loud. Im gonna have to get a new pipe soon or Ill have the law all over me.
8helj.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back