How do I get rid of blue smoke I know it oil but from where?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The oil comes from the engine? It means you need to do a full top end rebuild

You might be a little lean. My air fuel screw kept sucking itself in and it would lean out and i was blue smoking but soon as i found the issue set it where it needed to be put a blob of silicone over the screw and gone. Im assuming it was from cyclinder temp getting too high. Did you jet or adjust air fuel after the bore? More room for air = needing more fuel for that air.

Not to mention its winter. Air molecules compress when cold so you can fit more into that already bigger space..

Just because you did a top end recently doesn't mean it won't burn oil. If rings weren't set correctly or break in wasn't done right you could have damaged the rings. I would do a compression test before throwing parts at it.

Hold up guys. Before we go any further, when is it smoking? On start up only? Continueously while running? Each have their own culprits. Tell me which and I can help. Also, does it smell like oil, and are you sure it's blue and not white? White is very commonly mistaken this time of year for oil burning.

Back