keeping the warrior or upgrading

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammy7734

Reaction score
well most of my friends have 450's and they are stock other than maybe exhaust and they are all tell me to stop throwing money into an old ass pos but i just like the warriors and i really like how you can make so many modifications to them and they are really easy to work on and cheap to work on too.

what is your guys opinion on modding warrior is it a waste of money or do you guys think it is worth it to mod the **** out of them??

I would only ever buy a 450 if I used it for racing. In my opinion, there's no point in the cost of and doing all the maintenance, for a bike to just play around on. Your average rider can't use the power of a 450 anyway besides for in a straight line, so it's a waste in my opinion. Then again, I'm a trail rider that wants a reliable fun quad. By the time my warrior motor gets rebuilt and I finalize suspension mods, I'll still be at half the price of buying a nice 450. That being said, I do plan on getting a 450 to race XC within a few years...

Basically, it comes down to what you're trying to do. If your just riding around with your buddies in the trails, then a warrior does just fine. However, if you are field riding and hitting small to medium sized jumps, the warrior wont keep up with the 450s. There's no point in trying to make a warrior match a 450, because it takes way too much money to even get close.

I have both. I use both for trail riding and general blasting around. If you really like the warrior, then I say keep it and have fun with it. Let your friends ride what they want. It's all up to you and what you want. I will say they are completely different machines. The 450 stretches my arms pretty good (lol) but the ole warrior is still a lot of fun to ride and sometimes I'd rather just ride it as it is more comfortable.

Back