Axle doesn't look good / question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avenger

Reaction score
This axle looks cracked and if you move it back and forth in neutral the inside moves differently than the outside.. I figure this axle doesn't have two peices so I probably need to get a new one unfortunately but I figured I'd ask just in case..

That "crack" is the brake rotor hub where it contacts the axle. The hub rides on splines, and that movement is just the splines rocking back and forth slightly. So even though that joint looks chipped a little, its not actually a "crack" and is totally fine to ride on.

That "crack" is the brake rotor hub where it contacts the axle. The hub rides on splines, and that movement is just the splines rocking back and forth slightly. So even though that joint looks chipped a little, its not actually a "crack" and is totally fine to ride on.

I actually realized this a few minutes after I made the post.. I felt like an idiot then and now lol.. just being over cautious and just watching for stuff wrong lol

Back