which new carburetor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzo

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm in need of opinions.

just bought a 2003 warrior, it's stock (i believe, though i question the gears because while it accelerates quick, it doesn't seem to have much of a top end, and i know it's supposed to do 60)..

anywho, i'm very interested in the edelbrock carbs but not sure if there are multiple versions..

i also know there are the keihns tuned for the warrior from various places..

any opinions?

thanks

A stock warrior wont pull 60 unless your going downhill with the wind behind your back lol. Anyway, for carbs, there are many that people use. The mikuni vm36/vm38 round slide is popular, the FCR off of the yfz, and the edelbrock have all been used. Part of me is wondering why you want such an expensive carb for a otherwise stock quad? A high performance carb is not exactly the first modification I would make when looking for power.

i plan on also doing the exhaust, but i already have that picked out so that's the easy part.. the thing with the carb is, everyone seems to really dig the edelbrock, but they're not made any more, so i'm stuck getting them off ebay.. which is fine, but i wasn't sure if there were multiple versions for different quads.. or was it all the same carb with adapters for different quads..

I have a 98' Warrior and my brother has a 97', both came from the factory with the thumb throttle stop set to approximatly 85% open throttle. I not sure if I am getting 60 now but it's faster then before.

I would steer you away from the edelbrock because they are not made anymore. This makes rebuilding them and adjusting them difficult, since you can't get parts. The FCR is a great carb but takes a lot of tuning, so I hear. The vm series carbs are the cheapest and easiest to tune. However, to really feel any benefit from an aftermarket carb, you need an exhaust, air filter, and probably a camshaft first in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back