Jetting Questions....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorsrawesome

Reaction score
Ok my 99 Warrior has an FMF Megamax 2 slip on exhaust pipe / muffler with a spark arrestor on the end. FMF recommends a 150 or 152 main jet for my quad with JUST the pipe, but they were running a special fuel mixture and I just use regular gas. Also I'm 500 feet below their altitude. The other day I found out my air filter is going bad, so now I decided to completely ditch my airbox and just buy a dual stage UNI foam pod filter that clamps right on to my carb. I know I'm definitely going to need to rejet, and I can buy main jets fairly cheap. SO....what main jet do you all think I would need? And don't try to change my mind about any of these mods, it's set in stone.

I was thinking about a 155 seeing as I'm letting in so much more air

1... ditch the MegaMax. they are junk.
2... with jetting, youre better of changing the main, pilot and needle settings. just swapping out the main jet will work but mite as well do it right the first time. what ever main you have in your carb now, jump one or two then go from there.

I will admit I don't like the sound of the MegaMax.....it was on my quad when I bought it. Personally I would choose and HMF, they make a pipe for the warrior that sounds great (at least it did on this one youtube video). I might try to sell or trade my MegaMax.

Anyway the carb is off my machine at the moment, so I can fiddle with it in any way. And my Warrior is actually running slightly lean right now, it looks like it needs a size up on the main jet as is. I'm guessing it has the stock jet in it, but I can't be sure because whoever had the bike before me put the float bowl screws on SUPER tight and I haven't got the float bowl off yet. How do I tell if it has the stock jet? Will the jet say what size it is on it?

yeah there will be little numbers stamped on the jet.... be ral careful you dont strip those screws... they seem like that size are hard to come by and if you strip them so bad you cant get them out youll hate yourself for not being patient

spray em down with some penetrating oil. on the main jet, get a good pair of pliers or vice grips and give it a good yank. should break it loose that way. using penetrating oil will help alot. i agree with beastly, go 150. but deffly swap out the pilot and get a NCVQ needle.

they only go in Keihin carb too. Stock warrior needle will work just fine, might have to raise or lower a clip once you get into it though.

i apologize. wrote that post extremely tired. was thinkin adjustable and typed NCVQ. spent 20hrs over 2 days in a Saturn driving to and from North Carolina

On a side note, We need to see some pics of the warriorsrawesomes quad. His tag makes it sound cool.

Doesn't everyone own a digital camera yet?? ****, most cell phones have them built-in now a days.

WOW I did NOT expect so many replies......I'm sorry I haven't been on the site for a while. I've been workin on my Warrior, takin pics along the way. As for the carb, it still had the stock jet in it, so I decided since it was running a touch lean with the pipe, that would be one size up already. Since I bought a UNI clamp on filter and am going to ditch the airbox, that's another 2 sizes I figure. So I bought a 152 main jet. It very well may turn out to need a 150 but I didn't want to get a jet that's too lean. Where is the pilot jet on the carb? I found the pilot air screw but not the jet. I also bought a carb rebuild kit cause my gaskets are starting to go out.

As for the pics, there are some older ones on my profile but I will put up more soon since I'm almost done with the project. I'm just waiting on my jet and carb kit which should be here any day now. How do I put pics into a post this would be a good time to do that.

BTW since my quad is going to have a nice little power increase, I bought a 14 tooth front sprocket but I might put in a 15 instead if it gets a big enough increase.

Pics

Ok here's my first try at posting pics so bear with me. Sorry they're not the greatest these are just pics I've been taking along the way as I've been doing this latest project on my quad, I'll post better ones later but these are what I have so far.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 22
im gonna ask this so i don't have to make another thread. what series are the jets for the mikuni carbs we have?

im in need of a 152.5 to see if i can clear up the cutting out on top end. just don't know what series i should get.

Back