07 350 raptor clicking noise help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07Raptor350

Reaction score
i herd that you guys are the best people to ask about help with stuff about the 350s so here it goes. i have a 2007 raptor 350se as far as i know the thing is all stock besides the stage 2 hotcam it has in it. what i was wonering is why would it make a loud clicking noise and not have as much power as i know the 350 should have. it is kinda slow too. if you have any answers please help, thanks!!

These engine have valve drain noise, but your low power can be attributed to two things. One, the valves are out adjustment. Two, your timing is off. Now, it can be off because the chain is stretched, or who ever installed the cam did not set the timing properly. Also, a stretched chain, or improperly timed engine, can make the clicking noise more amplified.

i know what the valve drain noise is but this is a very very loud clicking noise. we adjusted the valves the timing chain is good too. could the s2 hotcam be "shot"?

Take the valve covers off and look at the cam lobes best you can. Pulling the cam is the best way to get a great look at the condition of the lobes. I will say this, I have found the the s1 likes to have the valve lash set at .004". Try it and before you start it, turn the engine over by hand and make sure there are no abmornal noises or binding. There shouldn't be, because it is not an extremely high lift cam, with huge duration. But, better safe then sorry. Hotcams likes them set too loose imo.

Back