Advice on a Quad

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YFM2014

Reaction score
Hello old friends! I no longer have my warrior 350, had to sell it to get my car. However, I've been saving up and am shopping around for quads/bikes. Considering buying an 06 LTR450 with aftermarkets, heres a list:
Full Yoshimura exhaust
Cherry Bomb
Blingstar: grill/starter cover/bumper
Nerfs
Protaper bars
Beadlocks

The frame was powdered green and black plastics. Bike looked pretty good but guy says that it makes a "weird noise when starter is engaged then it goes away" and it runs and drives fine. My policy is to never buy anything that's broken or doesn't have a title, so should this be a red flag? (does have title btw.) Seems like it'd just need a new starter worst case but idk.

Since the dudes asking 1500 I'm considering going and checking it out. Any opinions and ideas as to what it could be? I'm weary of buying 450s as I know they're not as durable as 350s/400s...

Sorry for the long post thanks again guys.

Starter clutch or starter. Easy stuff.
I'm going to give the guy a call tomorrow/Saturday and if he still has it I'm going to go check it out. Thanks for your reply. Surprised to see so many people from back when I was on forums still active.

Anybody got any tips for what to look out for when checking out a used quad? I used to have a mental list but I'm a little rusty. Lol.

Grab the front wheels at the very top and shake away to look/feel for bad wheel bearings and a arm bushings. Grab the grab bar and shake back and forth to fell for play in the swinger bearings and possibly axle bearings.

I'm never going to buy a used sport quad again, I bought a used yfz450r some months ago and the other day I broke the axle and almost killed myself.
That's just my personal experience, I'm not saying that it's going to happen a thing like that with the ltr you are considering to buy.
Don't forget to check A-arms ball joints:tup:

I'm never going to buy a used sport quad again, I bought a used yfz450r some months ago and the other day I broke the axle and almost killed myself.
That's just my personal experience, I'm not saying that it's going to happen a thing like that with the ltr you are considering to buy.
Don't forget to check A-arms ball joints:tup:

well you are really, REALLY hard on your quads too :hehe:

Latest posts

Back