1996 Warrior Project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend! I have a pair of 8in rims i have for my LTR with 22tires i am HIGHLY insterested in made a pair of Plugs for them. How do you make them fit on the rims? Can you made a pair for me? Let me know.
THANKS

-JCD-

Haven't done much recently with quad build wise, just been riding a lot. Check out my video's on Youtube if you want to see some of the fun.

Anyway, today, I finally got some time off of school, so I completed a little project to try on my quad. I made a set of mudplugs for the rear wheels. I figured I'd try them out this winter and see if they help keep the snow out of my rims. Here's some pics, let me know what you guys think.

Well, finally got some time to work on the warrior. Today I made a set of fat-pegs for my warrior. I bought another set of used warrior foot pegs, cut off the mounting flanges, and bolted them to the set on the bike. I also sharpened them up for better grip. For $11, it sure beats the price of a set of IMS pegs. Thanks to Ed for the idea.

Warrior 1996 that's a pretty good idea, I've taken that as my next thing to do, I already have a spare set! Nice build too

Thanks, I haven't rode on them yet, but you can tell the difference even standing on them.

Thanks, I haven't rode on them yet, but you can tell the difference even standing on them.
Do you have much side-to-side play in the brake pedal? And looks like a good idea, might try to pick up an extra pair of pegs some time.

My brake lever is a little loose. I don't think anyone has a warrior that doesn't have a little wobble in the brake pedal honestly. I wish it was tight, but without a bearing in there, that's not going to happen.

My brake lever is a little loose. I don't think anyone has a warrior that doesn't have a little wobble in the brake pedal honestly. I wish it was tight, but without a bearing in there, that's not going to happen.
I was just seeing if my wobble was normal or not.

Might try to find a thick piece of rubber and put a hefty spring on there.

I don't see how rubber is going to make it tight. The wobble is caused by the metal on metal contact of the foot lever and footpeg mount for said lever. The tolerance there is very small, but this tiny tolerance is exaggerated by the long pedal. Without a proper bushing (maybe) or bearing (which is the best option), there is no way to remove this wobble.

Since my warrior's suspension is too soft, today I started working on getting it stiffer. I installed a kfx400 rear shock spring on my raptor 660 rear shock. Stiffened it up and gave me the bottoming resistance I have been lacking. Haven't rode it yet, but hopefully it rides better.

Last edited:
Nothing really. I rode with the new spring a little and it's too stiff now, I can't bottom it out and it's harsh in the small stuff. Also, the foot pegs work awesome, and I like those a lot. Recently I've been busy with school and the weather has sucked, so I haven't even started the quad in over a month. I have the parts for an oil cooler, so that'll be the next mod to happen when I have time.

I finally had a chance to start working on the oil cooler clutch cover mod. But, unfortunately, other things came up, so I could not finish the mod in one day. Hopefully the mod will be finished in the following weeks whenever I get time to.

Back