Raptor 350 clutch release parts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes a world of difference. I got my oem yamaha parts from partzilla. Got the msr lever assembly and motion pro cable from ebay. This combination is killer.

is the motion pro cable that much better then the yamaha one?

Rapter clutch upgrade

I know this is an old thread/ tutorial. I just wanted to say thanks for the great stuff. I ordered all the factory #'s at the beginning of the thread. It took a little more than 1 hour to install and adjust the set-up. It included time spent to re-route the cable. I got it too close to the exhaust. I did measure the clutch pull before and after with a fish weight scale. The warrior set-up took 26 lbs. of pull and the raptor set-up only took 8 lbs. of pull. This upgrade was awesome...
Thanks again for all the great info!!!:atv:

Figured I would post some pics so maybe it would help somebody that is doing it in the future. I only ordered the cable, bracket, and lever. Then I ordered a msr clutch perch to go along with everything.

Don't forget to put the lock clip back on the arm to keep it from coming off the splines

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Read through the whole thing, anyone have a solution to the cable seeming too long? Got a bunch of slack in it, afraid it's gonna melt on the header. Don't see how repositioning the push arm would make it shorter as it would simply effect the length of the actual cable, and my slack is in the rubber housing.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

It needs to be zip tied up away from the header otherwise yes it will melt the casing on the cable

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I can't remember off hand but it was something up under the plastics by tank or further up under the hood

fa365de2996f3c94b069d5559f970618.jpg

I believe I used the front tank bolt hole can't really tell in pic but that seems like the best spot

Read thru the entire post...its quite old..can you guys that have done this give me some info on up to date part numbers and a good place to buy the parts... Just don't want to screw it up...I've done new perch with emergency brake block off so I don't need the leaver or perch... Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back