Extended A arms

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are +3 on both sides and are really heavy. But they are pretty strong. I'd still go with extended arms.

It would be the equivilent to +3, but you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that will recommend them. Especially on a warrior, since we're already front heavy.

My 2cents here though, if you can afford that kit save a little longer and get some actual aftermarket a-arms.

It would be the equivilent to +3, but you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that will recommend them. Especially on a warrior, since we're already front heavy.

My 2cents here though, if you can afford that kit save a little longer and get some actual aftermarket a-arms.

:iagree::tup::iagree:

Yes, get REAL extended arms. You can get a set from Fullflight with tie rods for 350ish. Not too bad. Unless you have a 1st gen, then you are stuck with the diamond J kit, or making one off arms.

Yes, get REAL extended arms. You can get a set from Fullflight with tie rods for 350ish. Not too bad. Unless you have a 1st gen, then you are stuck with the diamond J kit, or making one off arms.

Yerp! I'm takin welding next year in skill center so ill have extended arms!

good luck lol it aint as easy as it seems lol this is my second year in a welding class and I have thought about it but the geometry has to be just right

good luck lol it aint as easy as it seems lol this is my second year in a welding class and I have thought about it but the geometry has to be just right

Don't worry I got Cad, a machine shop with everything ya can think of, and stock a arms. I'm just gunna make em stock style with the Oem balljoints. The tops will be better mounted though than stock.

It's not that hard. I've never had a formal welding class ever. Just natural at it. Have had some tutilage from old welders, but that's about it. The geometry is simple to get right. Camber will be adjustable with the heim style balljoints, just make sure that your arms aren't too wide. If they are, you won't be able to turn the balljoint in far enought to get the camber right. And the caster is uber easy, Just need to measure from the foot peg to center of balljoint and make sure the new one goes right there, too. Should be 25" from the front of the peg to the center of the balljoint, if I remember right.

Don't worry I got Cad, a machine shop with everything ya can think of, and stock a arms. I'm just gunna make em stock style with the Oem balljoints. The tops will be better mounted though than stock.

Trust me man. Making a copy of stock type arms is a waste of time. I tried it, and a better disign is easy to come up with. And do heim balljoints, not the stockers. The heims are stronger, last longer, and are readily available and will be for about ever.

It's not that hard. I've never had a formal welding class ever. Just natural at it. Have had some tutilage from old welders, but that's about it. The geometry is simple to get right. Camber will be adjustable with the heim style balljoints, just make sure that your arms aren't too wide. If they are, you won't be able to turn the balljoint in far enought to get the camber right. And the caster is uber easy, Just need to measure from the foot peg to center of balljoint and make sure the new one goes right there, too. Should be 25" from the front of the peg to the center of the balljoint, if I remember right.

Trust me man. Making a copy of stock type arms is a waste of time. I tried it, and a better disign is easy to come up with. And do heim balljoints, not the stockers. The heims are stronger, last longer, and are readily available and will be for about ever.

Mmmk will do man. I was thinking copyin the bottom style not the top. Heims it is!

The bottoms are damn strong, and I'm going to retro them to heim styles, and that alone will get em to +2s. I'm still wanting to know who all would buy arms from me. I'll be making +2s and would like some extra Javelin money from my venture.

Maybe I'll buy some from ya then! I would like to support ya and the javelin.

I saw those a while back, and actually posted them to the web deals thread, and got no replies. They are for 2nd gen.

And, Alex. As long as I know people will actually buy my arms, I will make them. I'm not going to make a jig to mfg arms if they wont sell.

i have bought two sets of the Diamond J +2 arm extenions, one for my qaud and one for my sons. i thought the kit was a good kit the only thing you have too keep a eye on is the bolts looing up after the first one to two rides. we go to a OVR park which has some pretty intense trails (Bundy Hill). the reson i bought Full Flight arms is becuase i was in some hard trails and i ripped a ball joint out of my lower control arm. not becuase of the kit but what i believe is a old weak joint. the shocks where a grest detail softer with the diamond j kit. and alfter riding hard for about 8 hours we arn't beat to hell from the stiff front shocks. it is a good option for someone on a budget and my son still runs the diamond j set and i will be installing my kit on the wifes warrior after the rebuild.

Latest posts

Back