Gusset kits?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathius

Reaction score
So I was sitting in my garage today.. I got looking at some of the week spots in my frame, and it made me think. With all the ****, and abuse this thing is going to see in it's future. I should add more strength to the frame.

I found some gusset kits for banshees, but nothing for the 350 warrior/raptor.
Does anybody know where I could find a kit?
Or am I gonna have to make my own gussets. (which would probably be better anyway)

Well I'll look into it. I'm gonna have to figure out what gauge would work best? Then I'll make some template, and see how it looks..

yeah but a hell of a lot lighter also
I dunno?
By the time you added all the material you would need to make it strong enuf, it might not be that much lighter?
Mathius talk to Weston, if memory serves me right he gusseted his frame. Hopefully my memory isnt failing me yet!!! LOL
Ya I'll hang tuff. Maybe he'll chime in on this subject..

Yep yep, i gusset mine, there is only 4 places that are weak on a warrior frame 1 the down tubes just ABOVE the swingarm, the steering stem mount but thats only if you roll it, on the cross tube were the dog bone mounts to the frame, and the hardest to fix is just behind the lower rear a arm mounts, that area will tweak EXTREAMLY easy, 9 out of 10 warriors are tweaked there and no one has ever took a ruler to it to check.

if you use 1/8th or thinner it will still crack around the swing arm if you ride it real hard,(i should know, i broke the frame and gusset) i think i had 3/16th on there before i converted the frame. but most of the other places 1/8th will work fine. just remember to always weld with the tube, not around it.

Thanx Weston.
I might have to revisit this thread in the near future. I would like to have a drawn picture of a frame, with the spots to gusset highlighted.
Then I could work off that..
Anyone have a picture of a frame, and photoshop?

if i remember tomorrow ill take pictures, mine actuly busted the frame last time it ran so i gotta gusset it around the dog bone mount but other than that is pretty straight forward. if you want i can make you a weld in kit for it. or you can build your own, makes me no difference.

Well thats kinda tough?? I guess if I only need 4 of them, maybe $10 bucks each.. $40 plus shipping?
I dunno.. lol
How long would it take you to make them, and how much would materials be worth?

Back