Shock choices

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsmith133

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my shocks from stock. my thoughts: Work pro series(dual rate w/rezzy's), Fox float R's, or just the A.T steelers(dual rate) without rezzy's? any information on either? recommendations? my issue is bottoming out on jumps and need an upgraded shock. which is the better way to go money? Thank you

LOL jim making sales on my thread bastard!!! but yeah i need opinions on the 3. which is the best way to go? for the money to solve my issue?

LOL jim making sales on my thread bastard!!! but yeah i need opinions on the 3. which is the best way to go? for the money to solve my issue?

i dunno my quad doesnt have an axle in it i been waitin on a nut job..........just the beginning:hehe:

I have the at steelers on my 1st gen, and I love them! I had zero arm pump during the last trip to hatfield.

Best one out of them 3 u listed are the floats. Ive had all 3 sets and can honestly say the floats dont fade like the works did. Even the works dual rates with remote ressies i had would fade super fast and get to soft feeling. The floats are always adjustable, just add air, its free! They come with a steep price tag thou

i dunno my quad doesnt have an axle in it i been waitin on a nut job..........just the beginning:hehe:

wish i had an axle nut, i get **** shipped a cross country in 3 days, here im only going across a river, now we be in the middle, it will get worse:evilface: trust me........ask my EX- WIFE

haha check your PM's!!! dont say i told you so..... and what if i get the at steelers? would i not bottom out as easy? im running +3 or should i go with the pro duals with remotes? im getting them new either way so the duals and the float R's are about the same price... which should i do? i heard the fox take allllllotttt of maintenance... that true?

haha check your PM's!!! dont say i told you so..... and what if i get the at steelers? would i not bottom out as easy? im running +3 or should i go with the pro duals with remotes? im getting them new either way so the duals and the float R's are about the same price... which should i do? i heard the fox take allllllotttt of maintenance... that true?
yes that is true and a lot more to rebuild

so i think im going with work. but for jumping should i go with the more expensive pro dual rate ressies? or are the at steelers good enough?

No its not true, i NEVER touch mine except when i wash the whole quad. No maintence what so ever.

not to mention all you need to is add/remove air instead of sending them off to get re-valved for your wight

Man, you guys sink alot of money in these bikes. I have one and think if I was to sink that kind of denaro in one I would upgrade to a KFX 450R or YFZ first. I also have a Raptor 350 with YFZ'R fronts, and Banshee rear and it rides well, I only have $350.00 sunk into the shocks on it, and they were huge improvement.

I guess it all depends on what you like and what kind of riding you do. I have a shock bracket on mine that allows me to run different length shocks and I have a set of 400EX shocks on it now but I plan on looking into a set of 450 shocks with rezies. Even the 400ex shocks were an upgrade having more travel, I am sure the 450 shocks will be even better.

Latest posts

Back