THE BUILD......finally

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrjim0214

Reaction score
well its officially (finally) under way.......this is what we got so far in a few hrs, amonst messin with other minors behind the scenes...........................
IMG_2695.jpg

WOOPS........THATS BEAR-BEAR.....HE ONLY WEARS THAT WHEN ITS COLD
IMG_3204.jpg

WITH.....................OR
IMG_3205.jpg

WITHOUT..............
IMG_3207.jpg

IM THINKIN WITH:tup:.....(REAR SHOCK IS CUSTOM-HOPE IT GETS APPROVED OR ILL THROW IT OUT).......WELL GOT A LITTLE MORE DONE THAN THAT BUT IT WAS 3 AM SO IM STILL TRYING TO GET TO SLEEP:eek:hno:

Last edited:
i think you should paint the hood and tank cover the same color as frame or close as you can get

i gotta do something man, every time i look at i cringe, and leave the blue-blue?

oh------on bones color scheme? what the cocensus on painting plastics amongst the members? yea/nah ? Im gonna post pics here in a min, just gotta snap'em

Kalon fusion ..... Scuff them ... Clean them .... And paint them ... My stroker has bin painted for 4 years now with no chipping some light cracking

Last edited:
well i didnt get as much done today as i wanted to-on the quad that is-got to bed after 5 am with a shower after getting front end done, then got up and mowed i dunno 3 (not normal lawns--acres) lawns with a walk behind, got all the little **** painted today, big plus for me, held off until i got some **** together to see how i felt about colors on them, give a yea or nay, dont be scared like u fuckers are:haha: Anyway i dont know how many pics im puttin, i know its a pain, ill try to do a vid soon, when she"s lookin real good! dam yamahahauler how the hell you do that side by side ****? i just tryed and it swapped pics.
IMG_3222.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg

anyway thats what i came up with for "front" hubs------like?
IMG_3221.jpg

ok photobucket ****** up, going back to check on it
IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

yes shocks not tight, i know somebody will pic on me for that, beat ya to it:haha:im tired

IMG_3231.jpg

shoulder bolt is stripped, just gotta go get it, it's in $0.75 @ yamaha $12
IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

and for those who didnt know what i was dealing with......(genpat notice that welder, i said it was a lincoln, well its a sears, same as yours?)
IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

well can ya tell im a little excited? it was an adventure taking it apart, i got stuff called "free all" never used a better product, my neighbor sells it, this thing was bathed in it and every bolt will be original except for that 1 shoulder bolt, well im going to bed and be at it in AM let me know if ya'll like those hubs, i didnt clear them till i get opinions!!!
)

Last edited:
hubs look great man ... you going to anymore polishing ... like rear link, maybe rear master cylinder

Last edited:
With all that custom paint/ work and sweat, are you gonna putt around or beat on it?? Haha It's coming together nicely!

Hubs look perfect clear those bitches! and what you mean by how I do the side by side ****?

ty guys! as far as polishing, well, let me put it this way, its peice by peice now, initially i was gonna sand blast n paint what i could with it mostly together just to freshen it up, look at me now!!! of course ill beat on it, those 1st few scratches ill cry thou:cry: yamahauler im talking bout pics, you scroll down to see mine, urs you scroll side to side. i wanted to put 2 wide, so i could put before n after pics. what got so excited was when i went back to tear down looking at bolts n stuff to match up and saw what it was n looked over my shoulder!!! omg those hundreds of pics are paying off, for me, i know you guys prob can look thru a pile and pic what you need w/o pics! my chain been soaking in kerosene 4ever, i now i need chain n sprockets, but for now how should i clean it, wire brush sides? i know i cant do top with o-rings.
IMG_3218.jpg

i wanted to use hammered, but i didnt feel like startin a new can for 2 freakin hubs, ah hell i can prob do 2 hubs n still return!!!:haha: should I? or leavem? the sheilds r hammered grey. i hope this rustoleum holds up, kinda wishin i went with pc.

do you know what thread of mine has the pics side by side?wasn't it the before and afters of the 01 I tore down and spruced up? when I first posted those pics they were just like yours and then all of a sudden a few hours later they were side by side I didn't do it or do I know how I think Administration did it not sure though.

as for chain cleaning check out denniskirk.com they have a tool called the grundge brush and a special chemical and cleaning tub with scrubbers for O-ring chains

and you should polish the steering stem and chrome the rear shock rezzy can and clean and paint those rusty bolts in the back imo

when you were asking about those little head lites, there were like 4 pics side by side, steering stem is polished, had gold finish, came off when i polished with that aircraft **** i had a pic of in other thread, sure its got some grease n handprints on it from assy. i gotta lot of wire wheeling today on nuts n bolts, i gotta go see where u saw them on quad besides rezzy, that was thrown on just 4 pics, i saw rust on shock thou that pissed me off. b4 i did anything with shock id get a better 1.......only bolts i see r on rezzy?

Last edited:
Back