suspensoin idea

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duneracerweston

Reaction score
Ok so I've been dreaming again I think imma take a oem warrior frame and change up some of the front frame so that its only about 2 inches from each side were the a arms are and get asr to make there long travel a arms in +6 and re configure the shock mounts to run yfz shocks without a conversion and run a rappy rear shock and use that to run mx

So what do y'all think is it possible? Would it work well?

I think if you have +6 lt arms you shouldn't have to move the shock mounts for the 450x shocks. they are 18.5". I have +5 arms and the is the shock lengh I'm supposed to run, but for now I have a relocator

eye to eye

450 are 16 3/4

450r are 18 1/4

and I'm pretty sure 87 warrior917 had 450x so he may know eye to eye for them, I theink they are 18

I'm not scared of the susspension geometry but I'm building this thing as a 350cc class mx warrior to race at the local race series so I'm going to need a oem bore jug with 11:1 comp and all so I'm going for 49 in or so with maximum travel so I'm going to get me a extra frame to do this to and transfer all my motor to the modified frame

+4 with stock offset rims and stock frame would put you at 49.5" +5 with offset +4+1 rims is what I have and it's 49.5". If you got +6 it would be too wide if you have to stay under the 50" mark. With stock frame mounts

Last edited:
why not put stock yfz a arms on that should ring mightey close to 50 on stock frame width and you can pick em up for pretty cheap

I would break stock arms and they arnt ajustable and elwood I'm going to narrow the frame it the fromt so the a arm mounts will be about 3-4 in apart instead of around 7-8 that's on the oem arms the 350 class is a verry tight class of hondas and I'm going to take this warrior and show them what a real bike can do ;-)

Back