Go Back   YFM350.com Forums > General > Site News, Help & Feedback

Old 07-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #1

Default How do you get your warrior to become elite?

How does the elite section work? Do people vote or something?

2000 Yamaha Warrior 350:
-FMF Power Bomb Header
-FMF Powercore 4 Muffler
-ITP Rims
-Kenda bearclaw 22x12.5x9 Rears
-Maxxis Razr Fronts
-K&N Air Filter
-14 Tooth Front Sprocket
-152.5 main jet
-45 pilot jet
-Zoom zoom carb
-DID Timing chain
-oil cooler
Build thread: www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31315

Honda 300ex (sold)

My username is so stupid. I made this account just to look at pictures on the forum but found out how great this forum is!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
THORrider05

You have to put alot of money into it and not ride it compared to those that are mildly built and get used every weekend.
1987 Warrior- Uni pod filter, pen spring mod, Motion Pro twist throttle convsersion, Pro Circuit T-4S exhaust , 1999 warrior front and rear shocks, GBC XC MASTER'S on DWT's, 1999 warrior head & carb, vitos key,14/40 gearing, Hella 500 & 2x2 LED pods w/ amber covers , custom front bumper built by me, custom upper motor mounts, Orange coil, HotCams Stage1 cam, MSR yz250 shifter, modded rear brake pedal

"I'm gonna stop telling racist jokes, racism is a crime and crime is for black people."
THORrider05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #3
duneracerweston

^^ that's funny...

Time and money. You just build it and when you feel it honestly stacks up with the rest of the elite bikes you send the mods a couple pics and a full mod sheet and they will vote am amongst themselves, if they deem it worthy it will go to a forum wide vote. From there it's a majority vote wins and it's up to your fellow members to decide if your pride and joy is to the level of elite.

Now as for them not getting rode... I know gen1pat slamms his every chance he gets. I work graveyard shift so I don't get the chance to as often as most, im also working on a new cooler setup so walle isnt read for riding yet. Kyle is or was in school, but he rides his regularly. Now dean... That cow sets more then anything... Anthony romps on jar jar ALOT. #5 was rode every chance Ed got till he traded it the other day?? Idk what the deal is with that. Levi rode the mud bug a ton when he had it. Sparky works 28/28 rotation in off shore oil rigs so he can't ride half the time but his daughters keep the cob webs off for him. And James has both a raptor 700 and the warrior and rides both. So the assumption we don't ride our bikes is full on false. I didn't build walle with the hope of being elite, I just built it how I wanted it with the money I saved towards it. And like every project it's still getting tweaked and fine tuned. Just build it till your happy and don't worry about elite.
Hello my names Weston and I'm 18 and that is my long post of the day.

DRW PERFOMANCE

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31275

JE, White Brothers, GYT-R, G1P, DRW, SH Design, Sidewinder, KYB, AMP, Maier, DG, ITP, Balistic Performance, CV4, MSR, Moose Racing, Dalton Racing, Mr. Crankshaft, IMS Roll Design, American Star Racing, Lone Star Racing, Speedlinez, ASV, Driveline Performance, Thermotech, JT Racing, Driven Performance, East Coast ATV, ALBA, DuraBlue, Shindy, Kibble White, D.I.D, K&N, OuterWares, Kehine.
duneracerweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:57 PM   #4
THORrider05

Alot of you do ride alot but there are also alot of others that dont ride ive seen. I think the top guys on the sight like the ones youve mentioned all deserve to be elite and they do ride. But for the others ive seen it just seems like if you can put LT arms and bore the motor then you are elite, and to me thats not right.
1987 Warrior- Uni pod filter, pen spring mod, Motion Pro twist throttle convsersion, Pro Circuit T-4S exhaust , 1999 warrior front and rear shocks, GBC XC MASTER'S on DWT's, 1999 warrior head & carb, vitos key,14/40 gearing, Hella 500 & 2x2 LED pods w/ amber covers , custom front bumper built by me, custom upper motor mounts, Orange coil, HotCams Stage1 cam, MSR yz250 shifter, modded rear brake pedal

"I'm gonna stop telling racist jokes, racism is a crime and crime is for black people."
THORrider05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #5
alex456123

Send a message via Yahoo to alex456123 Send a message via Skype™ to alex456123

Well if you are referring to bkroll and gs4 they ride their bikes HARD. And break them doing so. Lol
Old 07-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #6
duneracerweston

I agree. There are a lot that don't ride. But there's also a lot that have factory, or mild bikes that don't ride much either. I just don't get the chance anymore. I have to finish my cooler change before I get to ride again. I still haven't gotten the chance to ride with the new axis shocks I put on walle. Between work and DRW all of my time has been filled and what little I have leftover goes to my fiancÚ. So I just don't have the time any more.

DRW PERFOMANCE

JE, White Brothers, GYT-R, G1P, DRW, SH Design, Sidewinder, KYB, AMP, Maier, DG, ITP, Balistic Performance, CV4, MSR, Moose Racing, Dalton Racing, Mr. Crankshaft, IMS Roll Design, American Star Racing, Lone Star Racing, Speedlinez, ASV, Driveline Performance, Thermotech, JT Racing, Driven Performance, East Coast ATV, ALBA, DuraBlue, Shindy, Kibble White, D.I.D, K&N, OuterWares, Kehine.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #7

Thanks for all the input. Here is my build thread. Does my warrior look like it could be elite with a bit more work?

www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31315

2000 Yamaha Warrior 350:
-FMF Power Bomb Header
-FMF Powercore 4 Muffler
-ITP Rims
-Maxxis Razr Fronts
-K&N Air Filter
-14 Tooth Front Sprocket
-152.5 main jet
-45 pilot jet
-Zoom zoom carb
-DID Timing chain
-oil cooler

Honda 300ex (sold)

My username is so stupid. I made this account just to look at pictures on the forum but found out how great this forum is!

Last edited by 2000; 07-21-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:41 PM   #8
beastlywarrior228

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 View Post
Thanks for all the input. Here is my build thread. Does my warrior look close to being something elite?

www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31315
Sorry but you have a long way to go dude
beastlywarrior228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlywarrior228 View Post
Sorry but you have a long way to go dude
That's what I figured. Thanks for the input.

2000 Yamaha Warrior 350:
-FMF Power Bomb Header
-FMF Powercore 4 Muffler
-ITP Rims
-Maxxis Razr Fronts
-K&N Air Filter
-14 Tooth Front Sprocket
-152.5 main jet
-45 pilot jet
-Zoom zoom carb
-DID Timing chain
-oil cooler

Honda 300ex (sold)

Old 07-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #10
geeessfore

Lol : popcorn:
~04 Raptor 660~ The Smurf
~06 Raptor 350~ Downrivertrash
~97 Warrior~ YFZ Clone
~91 Warrior~ Project Pinky
~89 Warrior~

Last edited by geeessfore; 07-21-2014 at 05:17 PM.
geeessfore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #11
geeessfore

Id like to add, it takes more than just your bike being elite. Help out on the boards, discover new mods and make some helpful how-tos. Make sure you build it for your riding type.
~04 Raptor 660~ The Smurf
~06 Raptor 350~ Downrivertrash
~97 Warrior~ YFZ Clone
~91 Warrior~ Project Pinky
~89 Warrior~
geeessfore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeessfore View Post
Id like to add, it takes more than just your bike being elite. Help out on the boards, discover new mods and make some helpful how-tos. Make sure you build it for your riding type.
Ok thanks for the input. I will be uploading a in depth video on carb jetting soon in the tutorials and plan to make more tutorials. The bike isn't quite where I would like it to be yet.

2000 Yamaha Warrior 350:
-FMF Power Bomb Header
-FMF Powercore 4 Muffler
-ITP Rims
-Maxxis Razr Fronts
-K&N Air Filter
-14 Tooth Front Sprocket
-152.5 main jet
-45 pilot jet
-Zoom zoom carb
-DID Timing chain
-oil cooler

Honda 300ex (sold)

Old 07-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #13
bkroll84

Thorrider is a jealous bitch
Old 07-21-2014, 09:54 PM   #14
'00 WO-YA!

Location: Shenandoah Valley, between the Blue Ridge mountains.

Blood, sweat, beer and allot of money. And I do think that allot of the guys that have built elite bikes have built them for a specific ride style. My bike for example wasn't really built for me to bang through rocks. I like a fast pace hardpack or even a good home built field track but you won't see me beating the piss out of my bike for no good reason. You also won't see me in deep nasty mud holes. A) I don't like it,B) It's just prematurely wearing on parts. Just me.
Y2K Warrior- 12:1 366,CWR P&P, CWR .450, 39mm FCR, Supertrapp, DRW intake, Dynatek cdi, clutch cover cooler mod, +3 extended stem by me, 400EX LT arms, '09 YFZ 450R shocks, 660 rear with adjustable link, +3 swinger, TUSK HD axle, Holeshots front & rear, Speedlines front & rear, Raptor pegs, fresh paint and cool stickers. Oh yeah, it's ELITE too!
'00 WO-YA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #15
duneracerweston

And for mine, it was a purpose built Moto machine. It's a full 49.5" wide, sets 11" off the ground running 18" tires and long travel front and rear. There's quite a few prototype and pre-production parts on walle. Just don't get in a hurry with it. Let your ideas stew before deciding how you want to build it. And remember the big picture when you build it. Pick parts that work to compliment others so you can achieve the desired goal. No one thing makes you bike a elite. It's a well built well rounded setup that achieves its designed purpose that makes it elite.

I believe walle is the most dedicated warrior on this forum for motocross. Beast/geez/bk all have very well built all around bikes that can and do do it all from track to trail to mud. James has a hard pack fast trail and hills style bike. Anthony has jar jar... Not exactly what I would define that thing as but it does what he built it to do. Dean and Scott have their hill climb and mud beasts, and josh has his clean and simple sleeper. They all have their own attitudes and styles. All of which reflect their owners personalities. Build your the way you want and as long as you don't run out if cash time and beer I'm sure it will come out exactly like you want it and in the elite section as all well loved and cared for projects should be.

Now if beastmode would ever finish his raptor it would be elite hands down.

The bikes in the elite section have grown in popularity and in modifications far beyond what the elite used to be back in 11' when I joined the forum and the list of elite machines. And I don't see that changing in any way but with more intensity as high end parts like axis, elka, lone star, prm, and if I dare, DRW parts start making their selfs onto those machines.

Long live the warrior and the proud fellows who choose to stick to the old war dogs!

DRW PERFOMANCE