Go Back   YFM350.com Forums > General > Site News, Help & Feedback

Old 06-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
jeffsyfm350x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_Warrior View Post
Oh ya for sure.... Me and Pat were on the phone for over an hour last night talking about it. People get in a hurry and want an answer now.... I'm guilty as charged. But a bike that has been around for 26 years and a site that's been around as long as here has a pretty good chance it's all been discussed before. This place as Pat pointed out has a very good advanced search function but most people not all don't use it. There are not many new symptoms that come up that we haven't all ready talked at least one member through.
If its something I dont know one of my buddys dont I google it 99% of the time you can find the answer if not i go on here or another site.. Theres a tons of kids on here and they just want a quick answer and then be done with the site which is bull shit!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
jeffsyfm350x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #17
american opel

i really don't have any say so on this forum but i agree.i am soo sick of wasting my time telling people how to check there battery,yes that's a cool winch,yes you need to check your jet's after a big mod.

i am 40year's old and to most atv forum's that's old.i would really like to start a sight that is 20 and over.there are too many kid's trying to figure out how to fix a quad and don't even know what a wrench is.maybe they need to find a father figure to help them,or just get out there and talk to ther friend's.

the one good thing is atleast they are out there and not sitting on the x box!!!!!
american opel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #18
MS_Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsyfm350x View Post
If its something I dont know one of my buddys dont I google it 99% of the time you can find the answer if not i go on here or another site.. Theres a tons of kids on here and they just want a quick answer and then be done with the site which is bull shit!
Hence a probation period. If they want an answer them must search.
2002 Warrior 350 (MUD BUG) ASR +2 Arms-Oil cooler mod-YZ250f direct shift-Extra clutch steal-Acrebis X-force handgurads-Torque head pipe-DMC duel can-660 rear shock-Works AT Steeler front-Teal plastics- ITP Baja rims-Maxxis All Track rear tires-Minkuni VM38 w/UFO-Raptor clutch leaver set up-UM MX front bumper- DG Alloy Nerfs-Case saver /chain rollers by Weston-Belly skid by Sparky-
-1986 250r ATC
MS_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #19
jeffsyfm350x

Quote:
Hence a probation period. If they want an answer them must search.
I Agree!

Old 06-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #20
Admin

Quote:
I think it would be a good idea to make a dedicated site suggestions only board
Well, that's what the 'feedback' portion of this forum is exactly for. And I do read any and all suggestions, and consider them. Just like when everyone wanted the 'build progress logs' forum. Enough people wanted it, so we made it happen.

Quote:
But the among many problems I feel the biggest is the fact that Admin does what he wants shuts down threads at will and is just basically a bully on here flexing his pointer finger.
Really? I honestly had no idea anyone felt that way. Of course I will close or delete (in rare cases, and always for spam) a thread if it's only going to cause problems, but that's the job of any Admin/Mod. If they don't even do that, then what's the point in having them? We have to use our best judgement and decide what is best for the community. And trust me, nothing is ever deleted unless it's filled with flames, bashing, name-calling, etc. If you state your opinion in a respectable way and don't break any rules, I can promise you it will never be deleted. I have always given everyone their say, and if you look around some other forums, I think we're very lenient around here for the most part. I know of some forums that will gvie you infractions, or worse, just for using improper spelling/grammar. I think everyone has it pretty good around here considering. I don't think I've even ever banned more than one or two people on here to this day. So I respectfully disagree that I'm a bully on here. I rarely even post unless there's a problem, but I am on here every day.

Quote:
But all in all this place should be member driven not admin driven.
Any forum is/should be member-driven. The members contribute, which makes others want to join and become part of the community. It's the 'circle' of a forum's life. I don't see how I've stopped anyone from doing this. I have under 200 posts in three years.. do I really make that big of a presence here, and make it all about MY way? I think we, the Admins and Mods, let you guys do a lot here. Again, in only extreme cases, do we have to actually moderate. All in all, if you don't cause problems here, you'll have a great, long-lasting experience here with few worries. I do wish I could post and join in on the conversation more around here, but I sometimes just don't have the time. I do always take care of my duties as Admin though, to give you guys a smooth-running forum that is free to use, and open 24/7. I answer probably on average about 10-15 emails per day (helping people who forgot their password, or are having trouble registering, or reporting spam, etc.) and also take care of all the backend stuff, like taking daily backups so nothing is lost in the result of a failure, paying the hosting bills, doing updates/upgrades to the forum software, and so on. So yea, would be nice to join-in on the convos sometimes, but you guys do just fine without me. And despite popular belief, I have owned two Wariors. I've put more miles on a Warrior than any other ATV I've owned. I'm not just some 'guy in a suit' that knows nothing about ATVs. lol

I appreciate all the input, I really do. I'd like to work with you guys to come up with something that you think would help. I have some issues with restricting posting access for new members though. I'm not sure if that would really help the forum or not. It might make the veterans happy so less newbie questions are posted, but it could also effect the growth of the forum in a negative way I feel. Some people may join, see that they can't post, and then just leave the forum, forgetting all about it. Also, what about the guy that registers, actually does run a search first, but can't find an answer to his specific question? I don't know, it just concerns me in certain aspects. We all may hate redundant questions, especially after we've been here for a long time and have seen it a million times, but at the same time, we've all been a newbie once before, and without newbies, we can't gain veterans down the road.

Give me some time to think about it, and pelase continue to give any ideas you may have, and hopefully we'll come up with something eventually that we all agree can work.

Thanks again guys, appreciate it!
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #21
MS_Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Well, that's what the 'feedback' portion of this forum is exactly for. And I do read any and all suggestions, and consider them. Just like when everyone wanted the 'build progress logs' forum. Enough people wanted it, so we made it happen.

Really? I honestly had no idea anyone felt that way. Of course I will close or delete (in rare cases, and always for spam) a thread if it's only going to cause problems, but that's the job of any Admin/Mod. If they don't even do that, then what's the point in having them? We have to use our best judgement and decide what is best for the community. And trust me, nothing is ever deleted unless it's filled with flames, bashing, name-calling, etc. If you state your opinion in a respectable way and don't break any rules, I can promise you it will never be deleted. I have always given everyone their say, and if you look around some other forums, I think we're very lenient around here for the most part. I know of some forums that will gvie you infractions, or worse, just for using improper spelling/grammar. I think everyone has it pretty good around here considering. I don't think I've even ever banned more than one or two people on here to this day. So I respectfully disagree that I'm a bully on here. I rarely even post unless there's a problem, but I am on here every day.

Any forum is/should be member-driven. The members contribute, which makes others want to join and become part of the community. It's the 'circle' of a forum's life. I don't see how I've stopped anyone from doing this. I have under 200 posts in three years.. do I really make that big of a presence here, and make it all about MY way? I think we, the Admins and Mods, let you guys do a lot here. Again, in only extreme cases, do we have to actually moderate. All in all, if you don't cause problems here, you'll have a great, long-lasting experience here with few worries. I do wish I could post and join in on the conversation more around here, but I sometimes just don't have the time. I do always take care of my duties as Admin though, to give you guys a smooth-running forum that is free to use, and open 24/7. I answer probably on average about 10-15 emails per day (helping people who forgot their password, or are having trouble registering, or reporting spam, etc.) and also take care of all the backend stuff, like taking daily backups so nothing is lost in the result of a failure, paying the hosting bills, doing updates/upgrades to the forum software, and so on. So yea, would be nice to join-in on the convos sometimes, but you guys do just fine without me. And despite popular belief, I have owned two Wariors. I've put more miles on a Warrior than any other ATV I've owned. I'm not just some 'guy in a suit' that knows nothing about ATVs. lol

I appreciate all the input, I really do. I'd like to work with you guys to come up with something that you think would help. I have some issues with restricting posting access for new members though. I'm not sure if that would really help the forum or not. It might make the veterans happy so less newbie questions are posted, but it could also effect the growth of the forum in a negative way I feel. Some people may join, see that they can't post, and then just leave the forum, forgetting all about it. Also, what about the guy that registers, actually does run a search first, but can't find an answer to his specific question? I don't know, it just concerns me in certain aspects. We all may hate redundant questions, especially after we've been here for a long time and have seen it a million times, but at the same time, we've all been a newbie once before, and without newbies, we can't gain veterans down the road.

Give me some time to think about it, and pelase continue to give any ideas you may have, and hopefully we'll come up with something eventually that we all agree can work.

Thanks again guys, appreciate it!
I think people miss the Site suggestions because it's on a board with a couple other topics. All's I'm suggesting is make it it's own board.

I agree that the job is for the job of admin/mods but yfm only has two admins and one mod now. So the "best intrest" of the community only comes from one view, Hence the backlash when you (Admin) makes a call and shuts down a thread. For a forum this size there should be a few mods at the very least. It will up the odds that there will always be some sort of sheriff on to shut down the bull shit when it arises, And takes all the responsibillities from one person.

If you dont have the time to post alot how do you have the time to activley be engaged and mod whats going on it the forum? That is why there should be more mods on here.

If people join and see they cant post then how strong is there love for the bike in the first place? I feel that it shouldnt be how big can we make thid place but how strong can it become. All's that is happening now is a high turn over rate of members and a bunch of inactive accounts. If the new member runs a search and cant find what he is looking for that what the nebie section is for....he can post his question up in there and we the senior members and smart newbs alike can all see it and help him out with out clogging up the rest of the site with dumb shit. It works awesome on 3WW and i'm a newb on there still waiting on my 2 month probation to be up (which I feel is two long). We can still pull new members set up this way and the good ones will be the ones to stick around and make great senior members. Whats the point in having senior members that dont contribute or just post to post?
2002 Warrior 350 (MUD BUG) ASR +2 Arms-Oil cooler mod-YZ250f direct shift-Extra clutch steal-Acrebis X-force handgurads-Torque head pipe-DMC duel can-660 rear shock-Works AT Steeler front-Teal plastics- ITP Baja rims-Maxxis All Track rear tires-Minkuni VM38 w/UFO-Raptor clutch leaver set up-UM MX front bumper- DG Alloy Nerfs-Case saver /chain rollers by Weston-Belly skid by Sparky-
-1986 250r ATC
Old 06-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #22
WV98YFM350

As was suggested maybe there could be a Newbie section added to the site and the new yfm recruit could post only in the "for new member" forum for a ___ day probation period for all new members. Then if they had a question as you suggested that wasn't covered previously in the search fuction he/she could still throw it out there for the vets to ponder... Also I am sure you have had this suggestion here before but a shoutbox would be SUPER handy to keep the post to be posting people busy with a shoutbox so we can stay on topic and minimize the derailing. ALthough I am sure there is a reason why it hasn't won favor before. Just be nice to have one IMO.
Rappy clutch pull, extra clutch steel mod, HD Clutch Springs, 11/40 JT gearing, RK o-ring, Weston saver and rollers, 25" GBC Gator rears, 23" GBC X rex up front, sparky diamond plate skid,valve cap and spring mod, renthal grips, Alba blue PB block off, wiseco timing chain. Also have a sparky torq header and an 01 660 rear shock to install
WV98YFM350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #23
MS_Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV98YFM350 View Post
As was suggested maybe there could be a Newbie section added to the site and the new yfm recruit could post only in the "for new member" forum for a ___ day probation period for all new members. Then if they had a question as you suggested that wasn't covered previously in the search fuction he/she could still throw it out there for the vets to ponder... Also I am sure you have had this suggestion here before but a shoutbox would be SUPER handy to keep the post to be posting people busy with a shoutbox so we can stay on topic and minimize the derailing. ALthough I am sure there is a reason why it hasn't won favor before. Just be nice to have one IMO.
Yup that's what I'm talking about as well..... With the new member section.
-1986 250r ATC
Old 06-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #24
DeadLastRacing

Good stuff guys, really good stuff. Good conversations like this is what is going to help improve the site and fix what needs worked on!

I agree that the goal needs to be a strong site reather then a huge site! Probation period is a great idea, it will ween out the BS questions (google style stuff) and keep the memebrs around that truely want to be part of the site and see value in it. I'd rather have a great group of people, then a large group!!!

I have always backed the idea of a shoutbox as well, long as we can keep BS talk in there and continue to post all thread related chat in threads.

More MODS is a must!

I also think that Adim does a whole hell of alot here on the backend, stuff that we would never see and that is something that a forum NEEDS in order to opperate smoothly and stay set up for years of success. That being said, an active Admin is needed too. One actiev and one backend, and a great group of MODS that can work together, makes a great site. What we need now is myself to take on more of the admin role in what I can do and do do, and add some more mods back to the site.
JE piston, .60 bore, .415 Megacycle cam, Cometic gaskets, HD Kibblewhite springs, P&P, +1 Intake, Perma cooler, IMS tank, +2 ASR A-arms and pro-x tie rods, Hansen Fab Honda style +3 swingger, G Force adj. axle, 38mm Carb, Fox Floats, 01 660 rear shock, UNI Filter, Cyrca Pro-bends, BKT AT-111HD, YZ250 shifter, PRM skids, DMC Duel exhaust, FMF PB Header, SS brake lines, ProArmor pegs and heel guards, PRM grab bar, Graydon bumper, alba stabilizer, DeadLastGraphix kit

DeadLastRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #25
MS_Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLastRacing View Post
Good stuff guys, really good stuff. Good conversations like this is what is going to help improve the site and fix what needs worked on!

I agree that the goal needs to be a strong site reather then a huge site! Probation period is a great idea, it will ween out the BS questions (google style stuff) and keep the memebrs around that truely want to be part of the site and see value in it. I'd rather have a great group of people, then a large group!!!

I have always backed the idea of a shoutbox as well, long as we can keep BS talk in there and continue to post all thread related chat in threads.

More MODS is a must!

I also think that Adim does a whole hell of alot here on the backend, stuff that we would never see and that is something that a forum NEEDS in order to opperate smoothly and stay set up for years of success. That being said, an active Admin is needed too. One actiev and one backend, and a great group of MODS that can work together, makes a great site. What we need now is myself to take on more of the admin role in what I can do and do do, and add some more mods back to the site.
Sounds like we are getting on the same page
-1986 250r ATC
Old 06-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #26
jeffsyfm350x

Quote:
Sounds like we are getting on the same page
Hell yea we are!!!!

Old 06-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #27
jeffsyfm350x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLastRacing View Post

More MODS is a must!

Totally agree!!

Old 06-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #28
sparkymichigan

Wow admin is very quick at deleting posts that reference the past and the old Warrior Central.
Hilarious!!!
Go ahead admin
It's ok
Delete this one too, lol!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #29
Admin

Not sure what you're talking about, I know I personally haven't deleted anything.

Back on topic.. let's keep this thread going in the right direction, as it's been very useful and positive so far. No side-tracking. If you have nothing constructive to say, don't bother posting.

Thanks again to everyone who is contributing.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #30
lbjamm

I like the idea of a newb section with probationary period. Another site I'm on, You have to have 30 posts and be a member for 7 days before you are allowed to look at the classifieds. Stopped all the spam sellers like on BT. Shoutbox would be cool too although we do have a chat thread. I do realize it's not quite the same as a shoutbox.

lbjamm is offline   Reply With Quote