Go Back   YFM350.com Forums > Warrior/Raptor 350 Technical > Chassis, Suspension, Braking & Tires

Old 02-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
beastlywarrior228

Default Suspension too soft? Looking to upgrade? Look here

Front
If looking for better front shocks on a budget, newer, progressive banshee fronts are an upgrade. Works provides good aftermarket shocks if wanting budget aftermarket. Any 450 shock is not recommended as they are longer and will cause the ball joints to bind.

Rear
If looking for a good rear shock, works is also a good choice. If on a budget, a banshee rear or 01 raptor shock is a good upgrade. A banshee shock will require the airbox to be modded for the reservoir. A raptor shock is slightly longer so will lift the back end a couple inches. The raptor is recommended for a heavier person. Only 01 raptor rears will work as it has a remote reservoir.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
beastlywarrior228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
Jordysoso

Also if you want the rear end lifted a little but want the banshee shock for whatever reason, the banshee dog bone put into the j-arm will raise the rear end a little over an inch, but get an extra set of hands to work it into place. Just thought I'd add it lol.
01 Warrior- UNI air filter, supertrapp pipe, RAZR's, Tusk nerf bars, Tusk headlights, MotionPro Cables, Tusk yz250f shifter, banshee rear shock & dog bone, Torq headpipe, 757 pb block off plate, Tag Alius bars, Alba bar clamps, Tusk D-Flex hand guards

A wise man once said..."if it can't be fixed with either JB weld, duct tape, or zip ties, it can't be fixed!"
Jordysoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:38 AM   #3
warrior stu

i was abel to mount an 02 rapy 660 on mine with no mod but the only thi ng was it hit the swing arm and deted the res can but it didnt leek or any thing but i have not jumped it so it mite still need moding i way about 260 and this thing is stiff for even me and its stock no re valving or spring will see what hapens later on a test jump
YFM 350 warrior 96, K&N air filter, two brothers racing slip on pipe, pro taper bars, extra fog lights, yfz 450 duel front calipers, flipped rims, yz 250 direct sifter, tusk heavy duty clutch and valve cap, pen spring mod.

RIDE IT HARD AND FLAT OUT !!!!!!!!

warrior stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
Warriorbeast87

hey i got a warrior also and i was wondering on the bearing carrier and i hate when i have to tighten my chain because u have to loosen a lot of bullts and its just annoying so if i put the bearing carrier u have on yours how would i tighten it would it be different and easier and is it just that u have to loosen like a couple alen screws and pull the bearing carrier back and then tighten them up because i like that alot better my friend just got a 300ex but i dont like honda but i like how the chain tightens it on so i just want to now if it will be like that thanks
Warriorbeast87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:40 AM   #5
foxbody

hello, everyone thanks for having me, I have a 99 warrior and bought a swing arm from lsr what would be the best factory shock for the rear the fronts are elka but cant afford rear what all will fit tks.
foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:05 AM   #6
Beastmode17

What length is the swingarm?? I have a set of Stage 3 Elkas and they recommended I run there link with there Elka rear but many people mix match. You got any pics of this sweetass setup???
YFZ470 GT Thunder, MotoXperts, GrubbsRacing, ARS-FX, AXIS, ReKluse, Hiper, FasstCo. Houser, OMI, Fourwerx, Sunstar, ODI, DID, Quadtech,WebCams,GLANN, Tireblocks, FCI, IMS, Cycra, ITP,CV4, Evans. Precision, Graphic WorX,
NEW Builds, YFZ GT Thunder 460 , YFZ 502 MAXRPM
Beastmode17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:35 AM   #7
lbjamm

If swingarm is stock length, go with a banshee shock. If you don't want a modded air box, 2001 raptor 660.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
lbjamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:43 AM   #8
foxbody

no pic yet but it is stock length chrome with banshee set up axle, that sounds great ill try to find a good banshee shock on ebay unless yall no anyone wanting to sell one? oh and thanks for the reply this will help.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #9
foxbody

how will I have to mod the air box for the banshee shock, will the factory air box still work or can someone show me a pic of this thanks. and also I am looking for a good foot brake and shifter to fit the ims roll pegs for the warrior does anyone have any info to what will fit these besides stock.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #10
slash

Default front shocks

Hey guys mine were junk when I picked up my 00 bike , had a set of polaris snowmobile shock layin around same length as warrior shocks softer rebound firmer comp they work ok if the sand isn't tracked up real bad in the woods hard braking plants the tires with ave control ( tires are worn almost out )
front end lift plants the tires .Long story short Im lookin for a better all around set of front shocks.a little advice please...
slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #11
alex456123

Send a message via Yahoo to alex456123 Send a message via Skype™ to alex456123

Banshee shocks
Old 07-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #12
slash

any year work best ?
slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #13
mrmoparmonty@yahoo.co

I'm really new at all of this,but I want to upgrade, my rear swing arm and shocks the area I'm riding through is a mix match of many different trail set ups some hills to climb some flats for all out then there's some man made dried up river beds my warrior pretty much stock as far as I can tell
mrmoparmonty@yahoo.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #14
Tomtom

I have a 96' warrior looking for better front and back shocks. Any ideas? I read on here banshee shocks are mentioned. Any specific year work best?
Tomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:44 AM   #15
savage24x

14.5" works shocks up front, 2001 raptor 660 shock in the rear with a Raptor 350 shock linkage. Warrior shock linkage has crappy geometry.
1991 Warrior: 83mm 10.25:1 Wiseco, Razr2 22's on ITP Baja, DG RCM exhaust (old style), UNI filter, ZoomZoom with 150 main and 42.5 pilot, Protaper EVO handlebars, clutch cover oil cooler, Bikemaster battery, 08 YFZ450 front shocks, 01 660 rear, FullFlight +2 arms, Raptor 350/700 rear shock linkage, Z400 A-Arm skids

savage24x is offline   Reply With Quote