Cheap suspension upgrade?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cantonis34

Reaction score
So I was looking for a cheap pair of shocks for my Warrior. I want to put the 660 shock on the back. But what about the front? I know banshees will fit, and I think raptor. But I do quite a few jumps, up to maybe like 30-40 ft average. And I heard banshees aren't good for jumping, is this true? And any other shocks I could and use? Like 450 or blaster? N can't really afford new aftermarket shocks. Thanks

With stock a arms, you're basically limited to raptor 350, warrior 350, and banshee 350 front shocks. Mojave 250 front shocks are also the same length, but the mounts are different sizes. For the rear shock, I wouldn't really recommend the raptor 660 rear shock on a stock warrior linkage. It's too long, and causes chain bind and tall ride height. People get away with it by cramming it in there with a prybar and then hoping they wont rip their lower chain roller off lol. The banshee rear shock is closer to the correct length, but requires modifying the airbox to clear the reservoir.

Hmm that's a bummer then, and I don't wanna make something fit that isn't suppos to fit. I wanted to get +2 a arms, but just waiting cause cash is kinda tight right now. So for jumping and trail riding and such, would banshee or raptor shocks even be an upgrade? Or should I just save up for a arms or maybe wait and hope I can find some used aftermarkets?

If I were you, I would save up for a arms. They pop up used every once and a while. I just bought a used set several months ago. Once you get +2 a arms, then you can upgrade your shocks. I like the Fullflight a arms because they allow you to run a longer shock, unlike other a arm brands which run closer to the stock length shocks.

Banshee front shocks are progressively sprung, which makes them better for trail riding. They are very similar to the raptor 660 front shocks (which I run with +2 a arms), and those shocks are great in the trails, but a little too soft for jumping, since they are not sprung for +2 a arms. With stock a arms and banshee shocks, I would imagine that they would work well in the trails and for jumping, as long as you are not too heavy.

If I get a arms full flights sound like a good set, always wanted some since I got the quad. And I probably will run banshees all the way around, but again jumping might be a little trouble. I'm like 210-215 which isn't extremely heavy, but isn't light.

With fullflights, you could fit a set of yfz450 front shocks. However, at your weight, you may find most oem shocks too soft, since they are not sprung for the added leverage of +2 a arms. For example, I am 135 (probably 140 in gear) and can bottom out my front suspension on jumps fairly easily. I have raptor 660 front shocks on fullflight +2 a arms. However, it is known that raptor 660 front shocks are sprung very soft stock. Yfz450 front shocks and banshee shocks are probably both stiffer.

Alright, got some things to think about them. I went riding today and did a downhill triple thing, and my suspension clapped out, so might try n get some banshees so I can run them now and when I get my +2's

Back