• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

01 wolverine cdi

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatorchin

Reaction score
need a used cdi..i have no spark and have troubleshooted to the point that the cdi is about all that's left that could be the problem..but i'm not 100 percent so i can't drop the $ on a new one on a hunch

Have you tried swapping out the key switch? If its bad, and I am not saying it is, that will cause the kinds of problems your speaking of (just one last little thing that maybe you hadn't checked). Since you messed with the wiring some, its really hard to tell though. Good luck

Spare cdi

I think the spare I have is the one you need.

The part # on mine is 4KB-85540-30-00
The #'s on the Cdi itself are:
4KB-30
F8T32374

How much would you want for your spare Cdi (assuming you want to sell)?

Like I said I'm not 100 percent that's my problem, I will give a summary below on what I have been experiencing

Have you tried swapping out the key switch? If its bad, and I am not saying it is, that will cause the kinds of problems your speaking of (just one last little thing that maybe you hadn't checked). Since you messed with the wiring some, its really hard to tell though. Good luck
Thlguy I bought it off of had apparently had someone attempt to steal it, all the wires coming off the key switch had been cut. He used wire nuts to reconnect the wires...I took the wires nuts off and soldered the wires together and wrapped with black tape... (I didn't have shrink wrap at the time)..I tested for continuity and it checked good(two wires had continuity with key off, the other two had continuity with key on...in any case I have a new key switch on the way from eBay

Have new battery... My start circuit cut off relay is toast(I can get it to crank with start button) by removing relay and using jumper wires to complete the circuit..(I have a new relay on the way)..I had bad kill switch...so I connected the red/white stripe wire to the black/black with white stripe wires coming off the kill/start button switch..(I'm also trying to find a used kill switch on eBay)..but it seems to work correctly (even tho once I turn the key switch on, and push the start button and get it to crank, I can then slide the kill switch and it will crank, slide it the other way and it will crank.. Basically I can move any switch on that assembly and it will crank( I think I have to use push button first , but after that I can use the kill slide switch in either direction and it cranks..it has new plug, new ignition coil, and new starter solenoid.. But here's the thing, I read that once a Cdi goes bad, it just craps out, and doesn't work intermittently..about a week ago I took my old battery out to charge it, disconnected the red wire at the bullet connector coming off the fuse/positive battery terminal , and just for kicks I pulled the pull start...it fired right up (previously I could not pull start)... So I hopped on a and drove downed the road..after about 5 minutes it backfired very loud (never done that before) and I lost all power, it fired back up on its own(I was rolling), quit again, fired back up again...I got it home and wasn't able to pull start ever again...I have tested resistance on pick up coil and got 498-500 (specs are459-561) and got 294 (specs are 270-330) everything else I tested fell within specs....pulled wiring harness and found no bare wires.. I have started testing individual wires for continuity but I am not finished yet ( so far the ones I have testes have continuity)...the only two grounds I can find is the one coming off the neg battery cable to frame and the ground for ignition coil..cleaned those...so I am at the point where it's the Cdi, or maybe even tho my stator/pick up coil tested good, maybe they are in fact bad (the one time I got it to pull start, actually quite a few times that day when it backfired, quit, restarted on its own, etc, is why I ask about the Cdi either being shot completely or working "sometimes"...but since that day I haven't had spark..before that I had no spark...I've been sparkless for over a month now, and just got it to start that one day...sorry for long post but I wanted to supply all the info I could think of...I'm about to tear what little hair I have left out

Back