Motor stalls when throttle is engaged

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_fb46

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just picked up my warrior from a friends house where it was sitting for nearly a year. I initially had some electrical issues; including the starter solenoid, main fuse and the battery. Today, I was able to get it running. It would stall once I gave it some throttle, so I pulled the carb and cleaned the main jet. This didn't help at all. I tried adjusting the fuel mixture screw as well as the idle screw. These helped the idle quality a bit, but not the throttle. I'm thinking:
-bad fuel filter
-bad fuel
-spark plug

Does anyone have any other ideas? are there any other components in the carb that would cause this? I don't really know too much about them.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Even if you don't see cracks. Mine was leaking at where the mounting bolts to the head are. It ripped the rubber sacked tons of air.

Air to fuel mixture could be mixed up to it 1-1/4 turns out my warrior was doing the same thing and also the exhaust manifold may be loose

Back