How to make my 98 warrior faster

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, you lookin for more top speed or acceleration? If the trails are tight, you could drop a front or gain 2 rear. If the trails are wide open, you could gain a front tooth or lose a couple rear. Just go one up or down in the front, or like 2 up or down in the rear. It makes a big difference.

So if stock its 13/40 i will need like 14 or 12 in front and 42 or 38 back

14 for more top speed. Also 38 for more top speed. 12 and 42 are for torque. I am running 14/40 and the 14 seems to make the bike have ALOT more usable power

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
check out my vids on YouTube
-Atv Mayhem

Forgot to mention I'm running 22's

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
-Atv Mayhem

14 for more top speed. Also 38 for more top speed. 12 and 42 are for torque. I am running 14/40 and the 14 seems to make the bike have ALOT more usable power

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
-Atv Mayhem[/QUOTE

Allright thanks i have a 14 just gotta install it might be hard and im gonna check your youtub mines DCSNIPES21

Okay sounds good. Ill check it out. I'm putting more up now. Some of a CR80 and my warrior on a mx track

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
-Atv Mayhem

Also the sprocket is easier than it looks

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
-Atv Mayhem

Well i ride for trails i just want i to go as fast as a 400ex ill cut the fenders and yea does taking off the front brakes help alot

Removing brakes won't help a lot, but it all adds up. Do not do it if you're trail riding.

Removing the lights will not make you faster.

Think about it. Yes it will. Go home, you're drunk.

don't listen to this kid^ he trolls a lot lol and you got it

I'm not trolling.

A new airbox lid , i have a '98 so il be very helpfull to this topic , this is a realy good one ill be getting one soon
http://www.jokersracing.com/content...50_atv_ehs_racing_breathable_air_box_lid.html

And a big header pipe might help, i have a Big Gun header , but they dont make it anymore, if you JUST want it faster ou can move around your sprockets but gear ratios can mess with torque to speed, some people get a bigger piston but its expensive, also keep your tires aired ul most people dont think avout that but it realy helps
-goodluck

A new airbox lid , i have a '98 so il be very helpfull to this topic , this is a realy good one ill be getting one soon
http://www.jokersracing.com/content...50_atv_ehs_racing_breathable_air_box_lid.html

And a big header pipe might help, i have a Big Gun header , but they dont make it anymore, if you JUST want it faster ou can move around your sprockets but gear ratios can mess with torque to speed, some people get a bigger piston but its expensive, also keep your tires aired ul most people dont think avout that but it realy helps
-goodluck

No, ditch the lid and get a clamp on filter kit or cut the stocker. Just going bigger on the header isn't always good. Stock header flows perfectly fine for mild motors on these quads. Open up the intake and get a good slip on. If you want more then well have to dip in the motor and that's a whole other subject

No, ditch the lid and get a clamp on filter kit or cut the stocker. Just going bigger on the header isn't always good. Stock header flows perfectly fine for mild motors on these quads. Open up the intake and get a good slip on. If you want more then well have to dip in the motor and that's a whole other subject

Dont want to sound stupid but , whats a "clamp on filter kit"

The silver thing in this picture it screws into the airbox walls and makes a tight seal so you can run no airbox cover
a4asanub.jpg

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
-Atv Mayhem

Duneracerweston makes a mighty good looking intake setup....

If you want speed and acceleration you simply need to make more power. Toy can play with the gearing all day long but the only thing you are doing is changing the machines ability to apply the torque it already makes.
Now, if you are making really good power you can gear up, it won't hurt the acceleration as much and you'll gain more on the top. You said you wanted it to run with a 400ex, a good 400ex/X is already quicker and faster so you need more than gearing. If your stock cylinder is good have it honed and put a stock bore JE 10.5 in it, have the head ported and call CWR for a .415 cam. That with proper jetting, the filter system mentioned already 14/40 gearing on 20's and you should be pretty happy. Ofcourse you'll need new valve springs too. The stock header still be fine, you can remove it and use a carbide Burr tool and a good stone in a drill to remove the weld slag inside.. For a bit more bottom/midrange torque you can get a Raptor 350 header, if I remember correctly the diameter is a bit smaller which is what helps with that torque.
The 350 has a big header on it for the size if the engine. IMO the stock warrior header is prolly better suited for an engine larger than what it's on, for a mild engine I'd pick up a Raptor header.

Latest posts

Back