Jetting Questions....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey everybody the main jet I bought for my carb (#152.5) fits perfectly. The mikuni part number of my new jet is N100.604

thought that might help those of you looking for main jets. I bought mine off ebay from motorcyclepartsonly for $4.97 with shipping

it is SLIGHTLY different than the stock jet, the splash guard doesn't fit quite right but the carb bowl holds that in place anyway so i found that if i hold the carb upside down, put on the splash guard, and put the bowl back on there are no problems with having this jet

if by splash guard you are talking about the little plastic washer type thing that goes under the main jet then you should just take that off if your not running the stock main jet.

Curious about the lil splash guard thingy. thats the lil yellowed plastic disc with holes in it right? I recall somethign about jet kits saying to toss it. whats the change with doin so?

I know my stocker never even had it in it. I think its one of those, not so necessary parts. And if your re-jetting for more furl, all that disk would do it complicate that.

Curious about the lil splash guard thingy. thats the lil yellowed plastic disc with holes in it right? I recall somethign about jet kits saying to toss it. whats the change with doin so?

Ya just get rid of it its not going to hurt but yet may help a little.

kewl. Epsecialy since I got at least one size bigger main jet to try out.

Im scared for the poor girl.. the mods she has and stock jetting!!! Crikies!!
No wonder she runs so dmn hot.. prolly contributed to the pipe failure. And it probably started cracking, then began the backfire issue, and then blew it apart.

Here I thought maybe Id jsut dicked with it too much before.. lmao.

and ye still the plug says shes fine.. grrr.. Im not looking at the plug anymore... gona go by feel and sound i think.. ajd then check plug later.. ugh.. cant help it.. gotta.. lol

I should go pick up a handfull of plugs I guess..

WHAT? You have a filter and exhaust and cam and you were running stock jetting? Dude, you know better then that.

no i didnt...

hehe.. Id heard things.. hehe

aside from runnin a bit warm, everything seemed to be fine.

the plug at first showed it was perfect, then over time turned to a rich appearance.

like I been saying, cant seem to nail this down. logicaly it should be lean.. everything seems to be pointing to it runnin rich though.

so yeah, thats why Im starting with retunning it. i kinda knew better, and even bought the useless jet kit right off the bat when I got the cam.

I havent hardly been able to run it long enough to figure things out though.. lol

Im jumping one size bigger on the main. and gonna raise the needle one slot.

If that improves things, I may try and raise needle once more and see.. but that could get sketchy, lean and rich all on the same jet kinda thing. prolly better to try another bigger jet.

I shoulda ordered the dang 150 and popped that in to start.

its gona be the initial setting of the idle/piolet jet thats gonna mess me up all to hell for the rest of it..

dang it I need a bunch of plugs to test n tune with.

well guess what my warrior runs awesome now and all i did was clean the carb and put in a 152.5 main. not bad! the uni filter is great my quad has a lot more power now, it's a whole different machine! also before i did all this if i hit the throttle hard it would hesitate and now it just takes off. only problem is it hits the rev limiter real easy but i haven't put the new sprocket on yet so that should put some load on the engine and keep the rpms down

just so you know warriors dont really have a rev limiter. my felt like it did when i was running really rich. mines never been lean so i cant tell you what happens there

btw that little splash guard thing in the carb, DO NOT REMOVE IT. it turns out it serves a purpose after all. it makes sure the motor doesn't hesitate while jumping or going on rough terrain. i've seen lots of people say they took it out, then their quad didn't run right when doing jumps, they put it back in and problem solved

also my warrior seems louder now. is that normal?

r u sure warriors don't have a rev limiter? raptor 350's do as far as i know and my 87 honda 250x had a rev limiter. and my warrior is DEFINITELY not running rich, but it's not running overly lean

I know it sounds like a rev limiter. When I rejetted mine I didn't have the tools to mod my airbox,so I rode it a few time before I modded it and it sounded like it was hitting a rev limiter. After I modded it it has sounded like that since.

I know it sounds like a rev limiter. When I rejetted mine I didn't have the tools to mod my airbox,so I rode it a few time before I modded it and it sounded like it was hitting a rev limiter. After I modded it it has sounded like that since.

I think you mean it HAS NOT sounded like that since??....

Yaay! Me jets are in!! got the 147.2 in it right now, but gonna bump up to a 150 and see.. also got a 152.5 ordered, and a one size bigger piolet as well.

Wih I wasnt commited to building the derby car this weekend for the lil bro in law, otherwise id be spendin some quality rejetting time with her..

On another bright note, I broke down and decided to buy a truck. I'll have it half payed for tommorrow, and the rest on the 14th of next mnth, so I can finaly load up and take the warrior to places instead of being confined to places I can ride to!

91 dakota 4x4.. now i REALY gotta get this thing running right!!

If my tinkering fails me, Im gona track down a cam and get you guys to have a look n listen n see what ya thinks!! grrr..

Latest posts

Back