my 1996 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammy7734

Reaction score
This used to be my dads he bought it used in 98 and he used it around the farm for a bit till it didnt idle and he didnt want to fix it so it sat for five years and over the summer i decided i wanted to fix it up. when i first started working on it over the summer it needed a starter relay and a new intake manifold from the carb to the motor and a new exhaust. the one front wheel had a leak at the bead so i hammered the wheel out. i put new bars on it because i rolled it and bent them a bit.

Recently i put a parking brake block off plate and flipped the rear wheels.

IMG_0567_zps0af31b08.jpg

after my friends birthday party last weekend and the other warrior in the back ground is my other friends 01 warrior
IMG_0607_zpsd2006fd6.jpg

Last edited:
Nice quad man. I think that might be a 1994 though, as those plastics, shocks, rims are all the colors from 1994.

The warrior started smoking alot on start up (when cold) and the float in the carb is sticking again. so i was talking to a friend of mine and he said the since i don' t have a fuel filter that is why my float is sticking and the small partials in the gas wore out the rings in the piston. so i need to know is there anything i should do while i have the head apart?

If it's only smoking when it's cold (on start up) and then stops once it gets to operating temperature, then valves are issue. Your rings still might be fine. As for the float sticking, that can be caused by a bike not running for several months. I think it's unlikely for the gas "particles" to do any damage, but if your tank is dirty, than that dirt could cause carb issues.

I agree with warrior96. Replace your valve stem seals. Might want to think about draining the tank and pulling out the pitcock. It has a screen for each pickup( on and reserve). Mine were loaded with crap. After cleaning them I haven't had any dirt in my carb. Flush the tank too.

cool story, 10th digit vin on frame under your shifter will tell you the year.

88 j
89 k
90 l
91 m
92 n
93 p
94 r
95 s
96 t
97 v
98 w
99 x
2000 y
01 1
02 2
03 3
04 4

what could potentially happen if i run it and it needs valve seals. just wondering because want to ride till it snows but don't want to cause more problems. thanks it would be greatly appreciated.

As long as it's not smoking really really bad, just keep an eye on the oil level and you should be fine.

Just an update i flipped the rear wheels and made a custom dash i will post pics of the tomorrow if i have time but i have been riding a lot lately with my friend who just joined the forum Bkrandy01 and some others.

IMG_0669_zpsaf4ee2e5.jpg

From left to right my 94 warrior, Suzuki 250 quad runner, yamaha big bear 400, bkrandy01's 01 Warrior
IMG_0679_zps9e5660b8.jpg

IMG_0666_zps06d52a05.jpg

I thing I found a tree going a little to fast
IMG_0699_zps2349465a.jpg

Back