What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here's a couple small updates
As Pat put it only I can take chances on parts from other quads and have them fit on the Wolf lol
So I won a pair of used 86-89 Honda Trx250r aftermarket aluminum rad shrouds (the heavy guage ones)
For $15 shipped just to see if I could make em work just by looking at pics I knew The top mount would bolt up the only thing I'd need to tweek or mod would be the bottom 2 mount tabs so at $15 shipped why not take a chance (they are $46 shipped new)
a26dbf2e5e3d46542bd84c7eb3c4a4b3.jpg
a331d4323d321813d51b98755f0303bd.jpg
600916d7424be1819957feb8098e5d93.jpg
a16f17df0f431f1c9a504ef34dbe35fe.jpg
f4622c8f9e22cd582edf515227ebd3cb.jpg

I still need to cut off the lower rear mount tab as it is not needed. They fit great and took nothing to make em fit.

Then today I received the JL Vibra-stop steering stabilizer made specifically for the 95 - 05 Wolverine 350 4x4 found a nice used one on ebay. Got it installed and ready to see what all the hype is with em out on the trails this weekend.

e31114fd277ce65c93b5b0826c35ca62.jpg
37e3e0a6e5c84b4b8014e3af641043e7.jpg
648a1c388a96d197f868f3afbd276870.jpg

Did a little more adjusting after pics were taken moved it down further on stem so its at the same angle.
And tomorrow or Saturday I have 1 more aftermarket performance item coming so I'll leave you guys at that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awesome ED :tup:, thinking out of the box!
Excellent work have you done to the WOLF!!!

-WARRIOR 350- to -VELOCIRAPTOR 450::
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tusk Handlebar Riser 30mm,ProTaper Handlebar Grips,Powermadd Star Handguards,Outlaw Billet Fuel Cap,Raptor 660 i-MX Rool Design IMS front bumper,Tusk Clutch Cable,Moose Racing EZ3 Shorty Clutch Lever Assembly, Tusk 36" Rear Brake Line,SUZUKI DRZ400 Direct Shifter,Raptor 660 Front Shocks,Raptor 660 Rear Shock,BANSHEE Rear Shock Linkage,Fullflight +3 A-Arms/2.6in Wheel Spacers,Motosport Products Nerfbars,+4 Swingarm/3in REAR Wheel Spacers,D.I.D Timing Chain,D.I.D X Gold-Ring Chain,NO AIR BOX MOD,Cold Air Filter INTAKE,UNI Air Filter,12 Tooth Front Sprocket,Hot Rods Bottom End Crankshaft Kit,YFZ 450 HeadLights,YFZ 450 Muffler,YFZ 450 Radiator Scoop Fenders,Raptor 350 Fenders, Raptor 350 Fuel Tank,Raptor 350 Seat & Seat Cover.

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=32090

DGT::JCDigital
Velociraptor450_yfm350_firm_zps7549211c.png

Franken-wolf! A quad built with parts from other quads! Lol. I'm curious to see how that steering dampener works out.

For the last few days I've been working on my mom's "new to her" quad. We bought her a 2002 Honda Recon, with electric shift. Her left foot is messed up, thus she has trouble shifting with it. She and my dad (who turned 60 yesterday) looked at it on the way home from visiting family the weekend before last. Nice little quad. Low hours, not beat to hell, no damaged plastic, NO scratches, only faded and a torn seat cover. Even has the original tires and grips; that aren't worn out! Problem was, it was stuck in gear. The guy bought it with the clutch cover off, and the shifting mech. in a box. Was told it needed clutches, which he put it. It worked, he sold it, it stopped working, he gave the guy his money back.

Then, I get it (for a grand PLUS a 250ex for parts), I take the cover off last Saturday after I got it home, and the selector plate that rotates the shift drum is off the cogs of the shift star, and is jammed. Okay, easy fix right? Wrong... The multiplate clutch was damaged. When the guy installed it, he didn't make sure that the last plate and disc did not fall off the clutch center/drive. When that happens, the disc gets "coned" as you tighten everything down. So, had to order a new clutch and new clutch nuts (multiplate and centrifugal) and a new cover gasket. It get it all back together last night, took it around the yard three times, and it stops shifting again. SOOOOOO, back off comes the cover, and wouldn't you know it, the damn selector plate is jammed again.

With the 250ex pulled apart (found out what was making noise in that engine), I proceed to swap over all of the gear change components. Found the selector plate in the recon wasn't perfectly true. As I'm installing the selector plate, I can't get it to sit properly. It was hitting something above it. Turns out that "something" was the axle shaft the shift forks ride on. It had come through the bore it goes in. That's NOT supposed to come out of the case. Compared it to the 250ex, and sure enough, it was missing the inside rolled aluminum that is part of the case. Only, it doesn't look like it was broken off. It's just plain not there. Maybe a defective case? It would explain why it is a low hours unit. Could have had this problem since new and it was parked.

Using a socket as a gauge, I found of that the bore the shaft goes it was a half inch ID. I got a half inch roll pin, cut a 1/4" off of it, stretched that 1/4" for a tighter fit, put red lock-tite on it for a bonding agent, drove it in, put it back together, and it was shifting fine for over an hour tonight. WOOO-HOOO!!! And, then defeat :( :( :( .

When you get into fourth, when leisurely riding, it stops shifting and flashes code eleven. It will do it in third if you are pushing it. Code eleven is for the vehicle speed sensor system. I don't have my Clymer manual yet (hopefully tomorrow), but, after checking/cleaning all connections, I pulled the sensor out and it has a mounting hole that is broken off, and the edge of the shoulder that fits in a bore is "shaved" off. Someone took it out at some point, and I'm sure that is the problem. It needs to be replaced anyway, because it is broken. And, because it is broken, it way not be working, at least not very well, electronically. Ponied up seventy bucks for it, and should see on, or before, next Tuesday. I sure hope it gets here by then, because my mom would love to ride it at Hatfield next weekend. Her first trip.

The good thing is that I was able to save the new gasket and clutch nuts. I'm also efficient at removing the cover, and everything under it! Now you all get to read what took me twenty minutes to write :p .

Last edited:
That would be neat to swap over the sport clutch pat ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Damn Pat that would frustrate the hell out of me. Hopefully the sensor is the final key to making it a working quad so your mom can ride Hatfield with you guys.
As for my next part that was suppose to be here today of course stupid UPS has a delay in my shipping due to the storms in Kentucky so now my part is waiting in Oak Creek,WI for a late trailer to arrive before it will continue on and the funny thing is my part came from Arizona but yet a trailer in Kentucky can **** it's delivery time up completely!

Ah, it wasn't that bad, Ed. If it hadn't been for that shaft sticking up out of the whole the second time I pulled it apart, I would have never found the issue. Maybe... Lol. Still working more the 24 hours later! The Clymer manual came in today. Read up on the diagnostic procedure for the code 11, and it looks like the sensor is at fault. Also, tested the speed sensor system with the multimeter for continuity, and for voltage when the rear wheels are spun, and again the sensor is at fault. Fingers are still crossed.

Oh, and she will still be going. We got her a pair of riding boots that are no taller then your average work boot. Now she can shift.

Was testing the Suzuki lt230 after I did some adjustments today at about 7:45 and my next door neighbor came out and said "hey" so I stopped and shut it off and he started off by saying "if you ride that after 7:00 pm again I am going to call the cops" and then Im like sorry I wont do it again. And he said "I have three kids and they go to bed at 7:00 and you woke them up yesterday riding that atv" (I did ride it for about 2 minutes yesterday) and Im like im so sorry it wont happen again.

I can totally abide by that but its just the way he started off that pisses me off. And his kids have a little atv they ride and a big utv and they have rode them after 7:00 plenty of times. And his dogs... Every day they are in my yard and bark at me at least once a week. If he ever calls the cops on me for testing my quads out I will call the cops when his dogs are in my yard.

And when I test my quads its usually less then 5 minutes at a time..

Just needed to vent.

What ever happened to america?

Last edited:
What ever happened to america?

Went "bye, bye" a long time ago. Unfortunitly :argh:

Do you have any leash laws, or requirements for animals to be fenced? Can always throw that in his face. And, who the hell puts their kids to bed and 7pm!!!!

I did a few more things to my mothers quad yesterday and today. Put the 6ply GBC Dirt Devils and ITP steel wheels from the 250EX on it yesterday afternoon, with new ITP flange nuts. Today, changed the oil after having the engine apart, cleaned the air box, installed a new Honda air filter, cleaned the carb for good measure (glad I did) and proceeded to watch my mother do donuts on it.

Also, made some minor carb adjustments to my 350X. Finally got rid of that intermittent stutter at 1/4 throttle. Very happy.

YAMAHAULER if you think that is bad we used usps for to ship my sisters school books to new zealand when she was there visiting my moms cousin to babysit her two kids but they never showed up in new zealand but three months later they showed up at out house and it looked like they fell out of a plain

my +2 front brake line i orders them about a month ago and they have been on back order since but when i ordered them they were in stock i order them from motosport.com and i next dayed them but it never said they where out of stock until i checked the next day

Still waiting.... any day UPS tomorrow's my birthday would like to have something new to install on the Wolf

Thanks Trent!!
The missing link has arrived finally!
535874cf4596e0402ba56d81635b6ae7.jpg

Let's hope it fits but I see I need a filter with a way bigger diameter flange to fit the box like a 250r filter anyone have a K&N with a 4" flange they don't need

d9f59642463a9f9890ce3da20ea25570.jpg

Back