Front end hopping when turning

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammy7734

Reaction score
So my dad bought my friends 2001 warrior a couple months back for way to much it needed steering stem bearings and we did those already and it has really small tires on the front
I dont know if the steering stem has play in the inner bearing race or the upper a arm bushings are shot or what is going on with it but when just driving you his a big bump the front just bounces like a trampoline and then when taking corners the front end hops

So my question is it the shocks or is the alignment off

I know i states many different problems

And when you hit bumps hard or when turning and i dont know if the shocks are bottoming out or if there is play in the steering or suspension components

I just want to see what you guys think about this problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack the front end up in the air and shake every balljoint/bearing/bushing you can find on the front suspension and steering components. Any movement you can feel or see will indicate a worn out component. To test the shocks in a very easy and inaccurate way, just push down on the front end and release it as fast as you can (or drop the front end on ground), and watch how the suspension rebounds from the compression force. Good shocks will return to the ride height position in a smooth controlled motion, with no residual bouncing after the initial rebound. A blown shock will cause the front end to bounce two or three times before coming to rest. If I had to take a guess based on your post, you have blown shocks and possibly worn out wheel bearings/ball joints. Let us know what you find when examining it further.

Almost sounds like the front shocks are set too stiff with the adjuster at the bottom of the shock. I had to take mine down a few cuz it was way too hard and bounced

Back