Niche Carb?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntloenuf

Reaction score
hey, is anyone here running a Niche carb?

I recently bought one and I'm having issues with it.
I'm finding my warrior is having a hard time starting and staying running with it. but if I keep it revved up I can actually ride it briefly before it quits again.
when its running it has tons of power too.

I'm currently running it without a filter since the tube that goes from the air box to the carb doesn't fit well and I need to figure out something for that.

its got a 1mm oversize 10.25:1 piston, niche camshaft, K&N filter and a modified 400 exhaust (i believe)

You need to run it with a filter. Most of those cheap carbs you can buy for the warrior have jets set up to run on a stock setup. You running no filter, plus an exhaust that (I assume) flows better than a stock exhaust will cause the bike to run very lean, which will make it have difficulty idling/running, and can also cause damage to your motor. I wouldn't recommend you run it anymore until you at least get a filter setup on it, and then you will still likely need to work on jetting. In the meantime, check your plug and let us know what color it is, to make sure my assumptions are correct.

thanks for the reply,
next time I go out to my buddys I will pull the plug and check it, and I will have to figure something out to connect the carb to the airbox.

I only had it running for maybe 10 minutes too so not too long.

wish there was a fuel injection option for the warrior, would make life easier haha.

I wouldn't say tuning carbs are any harder than efi to be honest. Just takes some time and a lot of jets lol.

Yea I would agree but ur going to definetly have to re jet the carb.. I would go with a #145 pilot with a filter and #50 main that should work perfectly but if u can grab a couple more pilot and mains just to be sure, u can order them on Rocky Mountain atv for about $5 a piece, just try and order them all at once because shipping is about $7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I would agree but ur going to definetly have to re jet the carb.. I would go with a #145 pilot with a filter and #50 main that should work perfectly but if u can grab a couple more pilot and mains just to be sure, u can order them on Rocky Mountain atv for about $5 a piece, just try and order them all at once because shipping is about $7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok thanks! hopefully they ship to Canada haha.

and I believe it is a knock off mikuni style carb.

http://partdiscounter.com/yamaha-350-carburetor-1559.html

theres the link to the carb I bought incase you were wondering.

thanks again for the info guys. appreciate it

That's a knock off mikuni vm36 I believe. It is not the same as stock carb obviously. I'm unsure of what jetting you will need, so I would recommend you buy a few sizes of pilots and mains, just to be safe. I get my jets from Jetsrus.com. If you do buy from Jetrus, make sure you buy the genuine mikuni jets, and not the cheaper knock off option, as those are reported to have bad quality control.

That's a knock off mikuni vm36 I believe. It is not the same as stock carb obviously. I'm unsure of what jetting you will need, so I would recommend you buy a few sizes of pilots and mains, just to be safe. I get my jets from Jetsrus.com. If you do buy from Jetrus, make sure you buy the genuine mikuni jets, and not the cheaper knock off option, as those are reported to have bad quality control.

awesome, I will pull my carb apart first to make sure it uses the same jets and go from there.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back