Go Back   YFM350.com Forums > Warrior/Raptor 350 Technical > Motor, Transmission, Electrical, Intake & Exhaust

Old 08-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
ropegunwarrior

Location: Campbell river ,Vancouver island , British Colombia , Canada
Hmm Transmission question

hey newbie here hope someone can help me with my transmission problem . My question is , which gears in the 2001 warrior are free spinning and which ones are fixed to the shaft ? my trans locked up on me while riding the other day . I had just figured out why my quad had died after it had sat for almost two years buried in a corner of my garage it was my exhaust rocker arm had snapped in half so I ordered a new rocker arm and installed it and set my clearances then two days later the trans locked up on me and I was only left with second gear . im thinking its a seized gears in the trans but im not to sure which gears are free spinning and which ones are stationary . Any help would be awesome thank you in advance .

Login or Register to Remove Ads
ropegunwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
jeffsyfm350x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropegunwarrior View Post
hey newbie here hope someone can help me with my transmission problem . My question is , which gears in the 2001 warrior are free spinning and which ones are fixed to the shaft ? my trans locked up on me while riding the other day . I had just figured out why my quad had died after it had sat for almost two years buried in a corner of my garage it was my exhaust rocker arm had snapped in half so I ordered a new rocker arm and installed it and set my clearances then two days later the trans locked up on me and I was only left with second gear . im thinking its a seized gears in the trans but im not to sure which gears are free spinning and which ones are stationary . Any help would be awesome thank you in advance .
Hope this will help.. If not Im sure someone will have a answer for you man...
http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthr...smission+gears

jeffsyfm350x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
ropegunwarrior

Thanks for the link . That sounds like exactly what happens to it. I'll try pressing the gear off and see what kind of damage has occurred to the shaft under the gear , maybe just maybe ill be able to save it , if not I guess eBay will be my next best bet .
Old 08-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
bassfishr81

good luck man
Old 08-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
bones

i have a trans for sale 60 + shipping
87 Warrior, HotRods +4mm stroke 379cc, JE 11.5:1 (custom) ,hcs1 .390, K&N filter, clutch mod/HD springs, Pro Armor yfz450 bullhorn Bumper, DG Fat Series Alloy Nerfs, JP e-brake block off, IMS pegs w/ kick ups, yfz450 GYT-R heel guards , yfz450 exhaust for now, Hansen Fab +3 A-arms
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:51 AM   #6
ropegunwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
i have a trans for sale 60 + shipping
Definitely interested , I just found the gear that is seized , don't think I'll be pulling it off the shaft , lol it's welded itself to it . ...