Cutting the guide down when head porting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvvette97

Reaction score
Anybody do this on the warrior engine? I know alot of people including myself have done it with no problems at all on the ltz kfx 400s. Just wondering if anybody goes that far on the warrior head. I was thinking about doing it but wanted your opinion first.

The warrior is a 2 valve, there is no plenum in either port, so unless your talking about the valve guide runner. In which case some people do cut those down a bit.

The warrior is a 2 valve, there is no plenum in either port, so unless your talking about the valve guide runner. In which case some people do cut those down a bit.
yea ya know how the valve guide sticks down in the port a bit? That's what I am talking about. Like on my kfx I cut the guide down flush with the aluminum in the port. Pretty much just removes that part sticking down in the port. I just didn't know if people did that on the warrior heads or not. I can't see that it would hurt anything unless I'm missing something

Latest posts

Back