wr250z powered warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2001warr

Reaction score
hey guys i have a 2001 roller with no motor and an entire 94 wr250z motor with no frame. so i am gonna combine the two. does anyone kknow where i can have some motor mounts made for this. i ve seen it can be done. thanks for your help.:atv:

yes I know welding shop. I can do the welding I have seen on here a couple guys have done it ad was wanting to see how they did it as well as the measurements on the mounts.

yes I know welding shop. I can do the welding I have seen on here a couple guys have done it ad was wanting to see how they did it as well as the measurements on the mounts.

Wr250 is a four stroke rite? This guy on here did an it490 two stroke motor in his and just welded steel to the frame or the old motor mounts

Those mounts you will have to make yourself. It's not something you can just have made. You will need to line up the sprockets. Then start on the mounts.

Good luck

hey duner thanks for the info.i know the mounts will be custom. how thick of metal are most people using for the mounts and gussets themselves. and 2000 my friend tis is a 1994 wr250z 2 stroke motor. based on the yz only just a little tamer, but not by much.thanx for the help .

That thing should rip then! keep us updated I want to see this thing when your done.

I will.. this should be fun. I never have done a hybrid before and always wanted to. I figured since I got two that aint going why not build one that will just rip..not to mention I live in the country so I can do the testing with the gearing till I get it right. will keep yall updated and I will post some pics soon.. till then :atv:braaaaap

It's may not going to be easy, but it will sure worth spend time on that. And probably the wr250 engine is more powerful than the 350. Good luck!

It's may not going to be easy, but it will sure worth spend time on that. And probably the wr250 engine is more powerful than the 350. Good luck!
Nah not more powerful for sure and ive raced some kids on a rappy 250 which is way lighter than a warrior and would beat them pretty easily.

Nah not more powerful for sure and ive raced some kids on a rappy 250 which is way lighter than a warrior and would beat them pretty easily.
Yeah, but the wr and the raptor don't have the same engine despite both are 250cc. I agree with you on the point that the warrior can be faster because of the torque, but the 250 engine may have more hp in high range of rpm's.

Yeah, but the wr and the raptor don't have the same engine despite both are 250cc. I agree with you on the point that the warrior can be faster because of the torque, but the 250 engine may have more hp in high range of rpm's.
Yep agree not the same the rappy has more torque and thats what ya want. If you have a ton of hp and no torque it will be a terd. Torque is where its at;)

just a quick update to the forum.. the wr motor is officially sitting in the frame finally got the cash to pick it all up. was really lucky that I got it all the motor carb pipe, and radiators for under 500 and the motor looks brand new..

will be posting pics soon. keep forgetting to take pics while out there in my bldg

Keep us updated on this... I am thinking about doing the same thing but with a 250yz motor...

If the wr has anything near the power of a yz250 it should rip!

Heres a video of a yfz450 with a yz250 motor in it, although the warrior is still heavier it should be impressive! also take note of the throttle lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFJ9NydqYPs

Latest posts

Back