1991 yamaha warrior flooding/starting issue.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devin_h33

Reaction score
Hi I am having a couple issues with my 91 warrior. First issue is the carb. I bought a brand new carburetor last week because the old one was shot. I installed the new carb and went on a small riding trip last weekend I noticed gas coming out of the overflow slowly while I was riding and when I would stop it would dump out. The wheeler still started okay at this point. Obviously something is stuck open? I know the float isn't stuck so do you think something got in there or possibly metal shavings from the machining of the carb?

Second issue
Ever since I returned from my trip the 4 wheeler no longer wants to start. It will crank and crank and crank some more but doesn't want to turn over. Once in awhile It will back fire from the airfilter or exhaust. But it will flood very easy. I was thinking it could be a air/fuel mixture problem possibly running to rich. ( idid adjust the carb when i first got it)
Any help/input would be appreciated

Sounds like your float is adjusted too high. Check it and adjust it accordingly with what the manual says. Incorrect float height will cause the overflow problem you have and can make the quad run very rich, causing your flooding problem.

Ok, I figured that May be the problem. I'll set it after work and let you know how it goes, thanks!

Hmmmm.... Adjust float to spec and gas is coming out even faster? Any suggestions?

Adjust it the other way? Something is not right then. Check you float needle and make sure that is all good. It definitely still sounds like a float issue, especially since it changed after you adjusted it.

Yeah that's what I tried and still same problem I tested having the float at the bottom and blew in and no air escaped so it seemed ok. But as soon as Hook it up to the tank it leaks

Also what should I be looking for on the needle? It's a brand new carb and it's still very clean

Back