Project DEATHSTROKE 95 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyde78

Reaction score
Picked up my first Warrior. A 95 for 600$ with an electric start problem. Bike ran after push starting her. Needed a starter clutch after I diagnosed. After replacing she fired up no problems. (I had to do the starter clutch twice. The first time I used garbage parts. Its documented in another thread the problems I had with that). She had low compression so I'm going to do a top end rebuild & check all chassis & suspension for any problems.

Last edited:
What I will be doing & parts I'm adding-
1. New Wiseco 10.25:1 piston kit
2. Hot Cams stage 1 cam shaft
3. Tusk gasket kit
4. New D.I.D. timing chain
5. UNI clamp on air filter-remove stock air box
6. New 45 pilot jet & 150 main jet
7. Yz shifter upgrade
Once I get in there I'll check the valves and hone the cylinder. Hopefully everything is OK when I open her up. I tore the bike down to the frame; removed the engine.

Well both tie rods are bent and need to be replaced. The front sprocket is roached so I'll be replacing that with a new chain as well. Upper and lower chain rollers too. I'll be removing the parking brake so I'm going to order a tusk block off plate as well. Some other minor things are missing like a battery strap; needs new grips & bar pad. Front bumper is stock so I'll change that too. Seat looks good so I wont redo that.

Last edited:
Cleaned & Rebuilt the carb; and added the new jets. 45 pilot & 150 main. I had to replace the accelerater rod. Tomorrow I'll open top end and hope I get no surprises. So far the bones on this machine really good.

Last edited:
Sounds like its gonna be a badass ride!! I got a few of those new parts if your interested in any, Got a red anodized Moose PB block off plate and a Blue block off plate both new. Im almost positive we got a DID timing chain, I can check tomorrow.

Ah beastmode I already ordered everything before I saw this! Next time I need something I'll post before I order. Thanks a lot thou.

No problem, sorta my fault cause I didn't have them listed for sale. Cant wait to see the build come together.

Stock 83mm piston has served well but its time for a replacement.

Last edited:
Lots of carbon on the piston. Even more in the combustion chamber. The bore is clean with no gouges. Just a minor ridge build up on top, which is normal.
Crank lobes have some heat marking, but nothing to be concerned about. The rod bearing is good and the side play is in spec.
The valves looked good. Soaking the carbon off them. Straight stems and the springs are in spec.

Last edited:
Freshly honed bore. Ready for a new Wiseco 10.25:1 piston and rings.

Last edited:
Cylinder deck is lapped. Just have to clean and paint the cylinder and head, wait on the new parts and it'll be ready to go back together.

Last edited:
I wish I was able to post more pics but I'm only allowed so much in attachments.

Use photobucket, then the pics are bigger and you can post as many as you want. BTW, nice quad and rebuild so far.

Head & cylinder cleaned, prepped and painted with hi-temp black
'nother angle. Motor is ready to go back together. Just waiting for parts....

Back