Ran the 446

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave76

Reaction score
Well guys I got good news. Good news is the motor is friggin fast as hell, almost **** myself on the first ride. Even with a 15 tooth front and 38 tooth rear this thing wants to pull the wheels in almost every gear. Well here is some pics.

Picture174.jpg

Picture175.jpg

sooooo sick man how much did you pay for the motor work and everything all togiehter if you dont mind me asking?

Holy ****, awesome that you got it running!!

Dave are you sure you where on compression stroke when you checked your valves? The rocker arm and cam look like they got pretty hot? You getting good oil up to the top end?

Yeah bacause the intake lobe and rocker are fine, the exhaust is real tight. Even with that I took it for a ride and it still rips. I could probably get away with the cam, but I def need a new rocker arm and shaft. But I'm buying the web cam anyway. BTW I tested with the 40 tooth rear and it's sick, it will wheelie in all 6 gears leaning back.

now we have to go riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha....get her figuired out bro. i wanna see this thing rip some jersey sand in person.

I have been waiting to hear this report. Keep it up, you'll tempt a few of us.....

dudee

thats soo nicee lol
i wanna do that soo bad

do u think ur clutch can handle all that though begin that its puttin out almost twice what stock engines?
just what ive heard from a freind just checkin lol

Damn, I cant imagine enough power to pull wheelys in 6th just by leaning back :eek: I wana see a vid of that bitch, hell I wana drive to jersey and test ride that mean mo-fo haha

I'll entice ya's a little more. With the 15/38 setup even if your leaning way over the bars in first gear the front comes up, so much so I have to let off the gas and short shift. Top must be insane. It just dose not feel like a Warrior, you could feel it as soon as you kick it in gear and let the clutch out, this thing just lunges forward, it's weird you'd have to ride it to understand.

[quote:qksbgdx7]Mint!!!!!!!!
Really, going for a little smaller of a cam?
Nah I'm gonna get the 84 grind, you said it's the same as the megacycle right???[/quote:qksbgdx7]

The Megacycle 252x-1 is a little bigger then the web 84 grind and is the same as Powroll's mid range cam. I'd try the powroll high rev cam for the storker motor and see how that goes.

Dave did that cam add a lot of top end to your 366cc engine and take way a lot of bottom end? Did it really rev or what?

Low end on the 366 was fine with that cam, it def top ended though, you got basically the same setup I had so it should be good.

dudee

thats soo nicee lol
i wanna do that soo bad

do u think ur clutch can handle all that though begin that its puttin out almost twice what stock engines?
just what ive heard from a freind just checkin lol
The clutch has FSTs HD stroker springs in, plus I added an extra steel in the clutch pack. According to Mickey Dunlap of FST the stock clutch handled his Warrior 500 motor with no problem.

Well I ordered the new cam and rocker arm and shaft. Tomarrow I'll asses what happend. I'll check for oil pressure at the head, and then how bad that rocker shaft is.

How well did your suspension handle the new increase in power? Hope you get that thing dialed in and scare the piss out of some kid on his 450.

Well I took the oil pressure bolt out of the head and started the motor and after about 30 seconds or so oil started seeping out. It's ashame this thing runs perfect, I think I got the jetting right on too. I ran it until it was too lean them started riching it up until the plug was tan.

Back