Go Back   YFM350.com Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 09-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
terrapro

Default new terrapro owner in OH

Hi all,
I'm new to the site and new to ATVs. Been a motorcycle gal mostly. I picked up a really clean Terrapro today from the original owner. The quad runs great but when it warms up it acts like its not getting enough fuel when it idles for about 30 seconds. sometimes it stalls then starts right up, sometimes it just revs way down. Hit the throttle a bit and its fine.

Tomorrow I'm going to see if there are any adjustments on the carb, if that doesn't do the trick I'll throw some carb and fuel cleaner down it. Last idea I have at this point is to clean the carb.

anything else I should be looking at? any common issues with these motors? Thanks for your help all!

Jessica

Login or Register to Remove Ads
terrapro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
88WarriorBoy

is there anything aftermarket done to the atv like exhaust, new intake, cam
K&N filter, DG Front bumper, Aluminum engine skid plate, Pro Taper Se handlebars, FMF Powercore 4, Durable +2 +4 axle, Alba Pro Nerfs,14/40 gearing, Tusk Hand Guards, Tusk HD Clutch, Pen Spring mod carb mod and Valve stem cap carb mod, Parking Brake Block off, 87 A-arms with replaceable ball Joints, 01 660 raptor rear shock, UM airbox
Jetting
157.5 Main jet; 45 pilot; Needle on 3rd clip
88WarriorBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #3
mrjim0214

Send a message via Yahoo to mrjim0214

[QUOTE=terrapro;285791 Last idea I have at this point is to clean the carb.

WELCOME id clean the carb - regardless & air filter, if u havent checked it all ready- IMO
mrjim0214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
1999yamahawarrior

Welcome to the Site. A good carb clean might just solve the problem
Douglas beadlocks,Dyno jet kit,k&n filter, Scorpion exhaust,protaper bars,maxxis razrs,15/40 gearing, ac racing bumper nerfs and grab bar, dg baja skid,polished clutch cover, powermadd handguards, yz250 shifter

'01 Polaris Xc Sp 800
4" risers
Gutted exhaust
1.25 Ripsaw track
96 studs
1999yamahawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
Mathius

Welcome to the forums..
I was thinking to myself, that I haven't seen a Terrapro in years. I thought they were extinct. lol
I remember the grounds keeper used one to mow the field, back when I was in high school. (Which was quite a while ago)
Stock bore, .020 off the squish.
Modded chamber, and minor exhaust porting.
Air box delete.
Open element K&N filter, and precharger.

Custom fabbed motor mounts, and swingarm.

FMF Trx250r exhaust, Douglas silencer.
(Custom head pipe)
Flipped front wheels.
Custom cut plastics.

The rest is stock, but there's lots more to come.

Hold my beer, and watch this!!
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #6
Gen1Pat

Those are some cool bikes. I can buy one for 500 bucks, but it's useless without the bush hog for me. Clean the carb, inpect/clean/ or replace the air filter, install a new spark plug and go from there.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
DeadLastRacing

Welcome to the site.

Its an old quad so carb clean and fresh gas would probably do a world of good for it.
JE piston, .60 bore, .415 Megacycle cam, Cometic gaskets, HD Kibblewhite springs, P&P, +1 Intake, Perma cooler, IMS tank, +2 ASR A-arms and pro-x tie rods, Hansen Fab Honda style +3 swingger, G Force adj. axle, 38mm Carb, Fox Floats, 01 660 rear shock, UNI Filter, Cyrca Pro-bends, BKT AT-111HD, YZ250 shifter, PRM skids, DMC Duel exhaust, FMF PB Header, SS brake lines, ProArmor pegs and heel guards, PRM grab bar, Graydon bumper, alba stabilizer, DeadLastGraphix kit

DeadLastRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
duneracerweston

Welcome!

wow a terra pro? aint heard of one of those in years!! cool find!

DRW PERFOMANCE

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31275

JE, White Brothers, GYT-R, G1P, DRW, SH Design, Sidewinder, KYB, AMP, Maier, DG, ITP, Balistic Performance, CV4, MSR, Moose Racing, Dalton Racing, Mr. Crankshaft, IMS Roll Design, American Star Racing, Lone Star Racing, Speedlinez, ASV, Driveline Performance, Thermotech, JT Racing, Driven Performance, East Coast ATV, ALBA, DuraBlue, Shindy, Kibble White, D.I.D, K&N, OuterWares, Kehine.
duneracerweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
DeadLastRacing

be sure to look for any attachments now!
JE piston, .60 bore, .415 Megacycle cam, Cometic gaskets, HD Kibblewhite springs, P&P, +1 Intake, Perma cooler, IMS tank, +2 ASR A-arms and pro-x tie rods, Hansen Fab Honda style +3 swingger, G Force adj. axle, 38mm Carb, Fox Floats, 01 660 rear shock, UNI Filter, Cyrca Pro-bends, BKT AT-111HD, YZ250 shifter, PRM skids, DMC Duel exhaust, FMF PB Header, SS brake lines, ProArmor pegs and heel guards, PRM grab bar, Graydon bumper, alba stabilizer, DeadLastGraphix kit

DeadLastRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
Gen1Pat

They are super hard to find! I looked cause if I could have found the bush hog I would have bought the one around the corner from me.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:35 PM   #11
buckbrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapro View Post
Hi all,
I'm new to the site and new to ATVs. Been a motorcycle gal mostly. I picked up a really clean Terrapro today from the original owner. The quad runs great but when it warms up it acts like its not getting enough fuel when it idles for about 30 seconds. sometimes it stalls then starts right up, sometimes it just revs way down. Hit the throttle a bit and its fine.

Tomorrow I'm going to see if there are any adjustments on the carb, if that doesn't do the trick I'll throw some carb and fuel cleaner down it. Last idea I have at this point is to clean the carb.

anything else I should be looking at? any common issues with these motors? Thanks for your help all!

Jessica
I have been rebuilding my fm48 finish mower, I use mine mostly for mowing my Lawn. They seem to be very dependable. It has a low range and a High range and you can have both rear wheels driving or just one if you don't want to tear up your grass. They are quite rare but super cool. I also ride a yamaha TW my favorite motorcycle I drove my thumper home from Philadelphia to Erie, Pa. It was like the first ride of the Pony Expresss, lol.........I also have a couple harleys, and a honda ct70... enjoy

buckbrother is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carb, fuel, terrapro