1996 Warrior Project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can try moving the needle clip down 1 won't hurt
otherwise you can try a 147.5 main

Alright thanks yamahauler, I will try that soon.

As far as oil goes, the plan has changed. My dad can get me the Rotella T 15w-40 for free through work. This means I'm going to return the T6 and run the conventional Rotella 15w-40 that you guys recommended. Just have to wait another day for oil.

Also, can the needle clip be accessed with the carb still on the bike or do I have to remove it all the way?

You really need to see what carb circuit you are running lean one before you do any jetting changes.

Here's a little update.

Went to finally change my oil today, only to find my new oil filter doesn't fit. It's too long. So I'll be contacting that ebay seller soon, hopefully I get my money back. So again, I can't ride my quad... it's killing me.

I did however receive my DJ kit from Tim, thanks again btw, and that will be installed by the end of the week, so at least I'll have something to do while I get a different filter.

Here's some pics.

Awesome, Glad to see it made it there. It weighed 13 pounds Flat rate is the only way.
Haha yeah for sure. The top left corner of the box was completely ripped when it showed up. You could see the brackets sticking out. "If it fits, it ships" lol

Damn I figured it would be in rough shape by the time you got it, I put single bubble wrap to take up the extra space but ahh its metal. Over the past week I have had 2 packages returned to sender because of USPS mistakes.

Yeah that sucks. Nothing you can really do when sending heavy metal parts in a little cardboard box. The box is bound to break.

Alright thanks for the pics. I'll probably start today, but I'm kinda sick so I don't know how much energy I'll have. Also, it appears that there is a washer between the rear bracket and frame, but not the front bracket and frame in the second picture, is that correct?

And another question, the way you have it mounted, you are shifting the a arms towards the back of the bike slightly. Is it possible to basically flip the way you have it mounted to move the a arms forward by like an 1/8 of and inch? or is it not really worth it.

You can move it forward I assume but I doubt it would be any difference, Ive rode quads with + forward arms and it helped keep the front down but they was a entire inch forward.

Its really not the forward motion Im looking for, but my big stocker front tires come close to me nerf bars so I don't want them closer then they already are.

Back