Raptor 350 clutch release parts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave76

Reaction score
Put the Raptor350 clutch parts on today, all I can say is WOW, even with mickeys 446 super duty springs, the clutch pulls like butter. I can pull it with one finger, before I needed all four. This is the best $30 I ever spent on this quad.

We will sticky this as this is one of the best and cheapest mods for a Warrior you can do. Thanks to Jason for being the guinea pig for trying it.

Parts were bought from http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/parts/viewbrands/default.aspx

5YT-16340-00-00 PUSH LEVER ASSY $9.07

90508-16022-00 SPRING, TORSION $0.95

5YT-15441-10-00 HOLDER, CLUTCH CABLE $6.41

95817-08045-00 BOLT, FLANGE (95802-08045-00) $0.95

5YT-26335-10-00 CABLE, CLUTCH $10.83

Total should be $28.21 then add shipping.

Here is were the new cable holder bracket mounts to
I still have to remove the old cable mount.
Picture129.jpg

Another wider shot
Picture130.jpg

Here is how the new release arm is mounted
Picture132.jpg

Another shot
Picture133.jpg

Handle bar view
Picture131.jpg

Nice! Looks like I'll have another retrofit on my hands soon. :D Is there any custom work involved?

Mad Cow said:
Nice! Looks like I'll have another retrofit on my hands soon. :D Is there any custom work involved?

Nope just remove the old cable, cable holder, and release arm and spring. Install the new cable holder on top of the engine were the hole is through the boss with the one screw, thread the new cable down on the other side of the engine, slip the end in the cable holder, install your new release arm and spring, hook it up to the new cable and adjust it.

I'll go take a few pics and postem up.

Nice, is the raptor cable required though? Will it work with the warrior cable or is it too short?

OK, gonna see if I can find anything on CDB Motorsports, they always have nice prices on used stuff.

Mad Cow said:
OK, gonna see if I can find anything on CDB Motorsports, they always have nice prices on used stuff.

USED???, comon dude it's less then $30 brand new, I don't recommend getting a used cable.

I'm not talking about the cable, I was mainly looking for the attaching system. I did find the cable holder for $5, but that's it. So I'll probably end up getting everything from my local dealer to avoid the hassle and shipping prices from ordering it form the U.S, maybe a cable from ebay.

Ok I ordered up all my parts today but dangit half of them are backordered! ARRGGHHH!!! I guess everyone else is doing this mod as well :)

blubberbutt said:
Ok I ordered up all my parts today but dangit half of them are backordered! ARRGGHHH!!! I guess everyone else is doing this mod as well :)

Good move you will not be disappointed with this simple mod, your clutch will be easier to pull then any new quad made, including the hydrualic magura.

i bought the asv clutch lever and a streamline clutch cable... all together it was about $100 from motosport and got it in 2 days free shipping!!

Please oh please tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong here!! I feel like my clutch cable is like a foot too long .. I can't get the slack out of it!!

raptorclutch001.jpg

raptorclutch002.jpg

raptorclutch003.jpg

raptorclutch004.jpg

raptorclutch005.jpg

raptorclutch006.jpg

raptorclutch007.jpg

raptorclutch008.jpg

raptorclutch009.jpg

raptorclutch010.jpg

have you recently taken the the clutch cover off?? it could be the part that sticks out of your case and might have the teeth misaligned to much one way?

[quote author=blubberbutt board=general thread=3193 post=95084 time=1218568614]Please oh please tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong here!! I feel like my clutch cable is like a foot too long .. I can't get the slack out of it!!

The cable looks to be routed wrong but it will work that way. I would take the clutch lever off of the case and postion it so you get all the free play out of the clutch assembly and then re install the cable.

xkingraptor350x said:
have you recently taken the the clutch cover off?? it could be the part that sticks out of your case and might have the teeth misaligned to much one way?

No sir, that cover has never been of to the best of my knowledge & it definitely hasn't come off recently.

The cable looks to be routed wrong but it will work that way. I would take the clutch lever off of the case and postion it so you get all the free play out of the clutch assembly and then re install the cable.

Yes I tried routing it 2 different ways & when I took this pic it (clutch cable) was laying on the engine. So when you say the "clutch lever off the case" are you referring to the "push lever assembly"? If so I did that as well .. I've adjusted everything I know to adjust. I finally got too pissed off about it & when back to the factory setup for now.

Back