Starting issues/Battery?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazypete00

Reaction score
Hey,

I’m new here and found it by searching on google for issue with my 2001 Warrior. I’m from the UK so across the pond from most of you.

My issue is that the battery doesn’t hold it’s charge/not charging/draining.

So I bought a new battery around 6 months ago, quad ran great and started fine. After 3 months the battery doesn’t have enough amps to crank the engine just a loud ticking noise. I can jump it using a car battery. I replaced the starter relay, same issue. I checked the ohms at the stator which seems fine. 280 ohm (should be 300) and 495 ohm (should be 500). Where should I start looking? I did disconnect the lights and have heard issues on other forums where the stator doesn’t start charging unless it has a big enough drain on the battery, i.e. lights plugged in and on. Don’t know how true this is.

The battery is at 12.5v, when I try to start it, it drops to 11~v and the relay just ticks. So is the battery to blame or something else?

Start it and check the voltage while running at idle.
Post up the results.

new battery on and now it starts fine, charging volt was 14.4v. left the battery over night and this morning it was reading 12.6v.

hopefully this battery will last longer than the rest

Latest posts

Back