Clutch issues please help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi I hear this is the place for warrior help I'm new to the forum I need some help with my clutch I think. Pulled the clutch lever (had a huge amount of tension) and started it and went to let off to drive and my clutch didn't disengage. the clutch lever is just limp and where my clutch cable hooks up too is fully engaged and I couldn't free it from that position. Do you think a new clutch is needed and what could be the cause of that? Thanks in advance guys! by the way I have a 1987 warrior.:argh: :tdown:

Hi and welcome! So your bike does not move when you release the clutch? Is that what I am understanding? If so then your clutch IS disengaged. Whenever you pull in the clutch, you are disengaging it from the transmission. So, that being said, it sounds like your clutch cable is frozen. Try to take the cable off of it's handlebar mount, and I bet it will engage.

Thats exactly what happened with my blaster. Ended up being the chain rubbed into the case which by genious design is right at the clutch lever shaft and i needed still need an engine case. But i dont think thats possible with the warrior. Im not looking at mine right now and cant remember. I would do as pat says and take the cable off at the lever at the engine. It should engage.

Back