Uh-Oh! Popping noise from inside clutch cover??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WV98YFM350

Reaction score
Any Ideas as to what this may be? It still goes forward and reverse but has an intermittant "POP-POP" sound while in gear. Doesn't do this idling or revving in neuteral only when in gear. I'm assuming (and hoping) just something to do with the clutches and new ones will fix it. Has only started doing this after submerging clutch cover in deep waterhole. anyone else had this problem in their own past experience and what was the problem if so?

Last edited:
what kinda popping noise? like a spring popping or like a cracking kinda popping?

More of a spring pop I believe. Didn't sound too bad. Find out when I tear the cover off I suppose...Didn't seem to be cracking anything or getting any worse but of course I only ran it long enough to get it trailered...and it wasn't constant, more here a pop-pop there a pop-pop but not everywhere a pop-pop LOL

this weekend i had a simular problem with mine, had it idling, put in 1st and it started clicking and no movement so i switched gears and the same thing so i cut it off put it in neutral well i think and restarted it and it was normal again went right in gear and shifted fine with no noises,,,, idk,, but still got my new clutches to put in when my cable comes in the mail..

reverse lever wasn't engaged all the way I bet Phantom mine does that to after going in reverse and putting it back to forward sometimes I have to push the lever forward a bit and other times it goes in it's self

Latest posts

Back