Fender-free-warrior help!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarolusRex98

Reaction score
Ok so I've seen them warriors with no fenders and I realy want to do that with my warrior but there are problems:
Issue 1: my dad won't let me do it , but the weird thing is he had cut offs on his bike when he was younger and he loved them (on his '85 Suzuki Quadracer 250, also my birthday is coming up so I can use that against him )
Issue 2: I don't know if I should cut them ( because I'm "ruining" them so my dad will probly frown apon that ) or if I should just take them off
Issue 3: I have seen warriors with them just taken off BUT I don't know if its good for the bike , but I actually have seen completely plastic-less quads , so pretty much can I just take them off and be good

Ok so please answer my questions!!!!! Thanks...

Just leave them on all your gonna do is kick mud and dirt in your face. And if you don't know what your doing your gonna wreck your plastics

actually, just to be honest, i wouldn't cut my fenders. you'll regret it later on and it has nothing to do with rocks or mud. i really never have an issue with those. cut fenders look good, just gets old after a while, plus you have nowhere to rest your feet on a long cruise.

Teh-heh I like the foot rest idea , but that's why I say take them off not cut them off so I can put them back on later

I just cut off my mud flaps and left the actual fenders on. The flaps did little to keep the mud off, and I like the fender look. Still gives me the foot-rest, too. Great for water crossings! And, cutting th mud flaps off is super easy. I just used a pnuematic sheetmetal saw (air operated sawsall) and cut right between the the mud flap and fender. Easy peazy, can't screw it up because you have a "guide".

Get a roll of masking tape, tape it like you want, and cut.

I cut the upper flares and followed the body lines down the mud flaps and trimmed em about 1.5" shorter on the bottom. You take your time and smooth it up afterwards, and it looks factory.

When I go mudin, I feel like the fenders don't even matter and their uncut.lol. If u look back when doing a huge rooster tail, ur gona get a face full of mud! Usually my back is covered! I'm cutting mine off this weekend..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back