anybody know about kawis?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor_350_racer

Reaction score
I got a 2006 Kawasaki praire 700 V twin today, it puffs white smoke out of the exhaust until its warmed up, whys it do this?
also it seems to backfire a little bit sometimes, some times it doesn't at all but then it will like crazy, even at idle? out of about 45 mins of riding it only backfired on decal but for like 1-1:30 mins it backfired even at idle? and once when I stopped a puff of white smoke went out from under the machine.
any help would be appreciated!

You might have a bad head gasket do you smell antifreeze? Take a compression test.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

keep an eye on the oil if it starts getting foamy or milky white then don't run it
Does it overheat at all?
also check for oil in the coolant
the spark plug can also tell you if you have a blown head gasket if the plug is really clean like new cause antifreeze if entering the combustion chamber will clean all the carbon

Last edited:
keep an eye on the oil if it starts getting foamy or milky white then don't run it
Does it overheat at all?
also check for oil in the coolant
the spark plug can also tell you if you have a blown head gasket if the plug is really clean like new cause antifreeze if entering the combustion chamber will clean all the carbon

im guessing its blown, it over heats and the fan kicks on in about 10 mins.
and I checked the oil today and there was a little white milky substance on the dipstick.
so do I just needa order the headgasket and replace it or?

it may just be the gasket but to be safe I would have the head checked out to make sure there are no cracks also check and inspect the water pump

it may just be the gasket but to be safe I would have the head checked out to make sure there are no cracks also check and inspect the water pump

ok. im ordering all top end gaskets, so ill tear it apart and check it out.
ima hope its not a cracked cylinder!

ok. im ordering all top end gaskets, so ill tear it apart and check it out.
ima hope its not a cracked cylinder!

I'm sure your cylinder will be fine if it were it would be leaking. Like ed said check the water pump too

I'm sure your cylinder will be fine if it were it would be leaking. Like ed said check the water pump too

OK. Will do!
Do I gotta tear the motor out to do this?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

depends if you can get the head bolts out and heads off without the upper frame inter-fearing then no but if the frame prevents you from getting the heads off then you will need to remove the whole motor

depends if you can get the head bolts out and heads off without the upper frame inter-fearing then no but if the frame prevents you from getting the heads off then you will need to remove the whole motor

That's what I figured. Never messed with a twin cylinder bike tho

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

It will have to come out it did in my buddys KFX700

what else could be the problem?
I went out today, and checked all my coolant levels. there all good, I topped them off(although it took very little to), and I took out the dipstick the oil didn't seem creamy or white or milky at all?
I guess I should drain it and see, but if its not a bad head gasket what else could it be?
I also fired it up and I didn't see any white smoke?
the other day it was 35 degrees, today its 60.

could just be moisture maybe you need to have the carb tuned

well I should be able to tell if all the oil is milky by the little oil on the dipstick correct?
also im hoping maybe its just the carbs.
my cousin lives about 5 mins away through trails and owns a shop, im just gonna drive it over and see if he can do the carbs and maybe adjust the valves if they need it.

you might not be able to tell until you drain the oil and filter depends on how bad it is blown if it is

Latest posts

Back