Kfx 400

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dballard87

Reaction score
Thinking about trading up what do you guys think about the kfx/z 400 I just need something a lot faster than my warrior lol it might be a year or two but I just wanna know some opinions on the bike?

I've heard the Honda 400 is the most reliable and with some minor
Mods they're quick
Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2

Well I rode my neighbors z and I have ridden my buddy's honda there is no comparison the z/kfx eats the honda it's like comparing any 400 to a 450 I feel like they are a world apart I just wanted to know if anyone on here has a z/kfx

Just looking for opinions tho and I do appreciate yours but I made up my mind against honda

the Z is a great torque monster I'm still kicking myself in the ass for trading mine for a car but I will without a doubt be getting another Z400 or 450 in the near future

Well the only thing I have against the 450s is the fact u have to be goin like 10 miles an hour to not use the clutch I do a lot of slow technical riding so I need the torque of the 400

Well the only thing I have against the 450s is the fact u have to be goin like 10 miles an hour to not use the clutch I do a lot of slow technical riding so I need the torque of the 400

I had a 03 z400, thing was mint but had tons of valve issues!!
I sold it and never looked back.
I had a 2012 yfz450r and loved it, then I got a raptor 700r. it is a torque monster, has reverse, and is a very reliable quad!

My dad has a 700 I don't need that much bike and I don't like the raptors really they sit weird and u have to constantly rebuild the 450s I'm going to bore to a 440 at least if I get a 400

My dad has a 700 I don't need that much bike and I don't like the raptors really they sit weird and u have to constantly rebuild the 450s I'm going to bore to a 440 at least if I get a 400

You don't have to rebuild a 450 anymore than anything else.

thats only if you race it...even then it isnt extremely often, but most people that race rebuild it regardless of what it is every x amount of hours

Well if you read on other forums it says to change the oil every six hours at least to maintain the engine properly as much as I ride that would get really expensive real quick I really wanted and really looked into a 450 but I can't afford the matinence they are SUPOSED to have

With the right mods a 400 will run with the 450s

Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2

Plus I can mod it run with the 450s have more torque and less oil changes and rebuilds and be a lot happier with myself lol like I said I love the 450 but I do lots of trails and technical as well as fields and gravel roads so I need the best of both

Plus I can mod it run with the 450s have more torque and less oil changes and rebuilds and be a lot happier with myself lol like I said I love the 450 but I do lots of trails and technical as well as fields and gravel roads so I need the best of both

once you mod a 400 to run with or above a 450, youre probably gonna have more issues than you ever would with a stock 450.

Exactly 350 racer is right!! Once you dump all the cash into the 400 and do the 440 kit your gonna have issues if not more than a 450, Personally I would get a YFZ and be done with it, All around trail, track, dune machine. I sold my 07 to my little cousin and its still going strong to this day. If your just looking for more speed and a good quad then the 400's are perfect, but if your gonna mod it then get a 450.

If I go 450 I'll prolly get a kfx so I still have reverse plus I like green and black

I thing I realized with my 450, reverse wasn't a problem.
if you got somewere you needed to back up on a trail it just spins around with absolutely no effort.
also if you use your head when you stop were ever you will make reverse something youll never need.

ergonomics such ass on the z and the seat height is too tall. good for playing around but I hated it on the trails. I gladly sold it to my cousin and I'm looking at a new 2013 yfz now

I have an 07 400ex and ill agree the kfx/z400 are def quicker. But NOTHING beats the reliablity of a 400ex

Kfx and z are great just get a good case saver my brother had a chain slip off and put a hole in the case

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Back