Go Back   YFM350.com Forums > Warrior/Raptor 350 Technical > Instructional Tutorials

Old 08-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #1
DeadLastRacing

Default Switch to a honda carrier the cheap way

I guess this is quite a popular mod for the banshee riders out there. Heres what one guy did.

And here is the web site to buy the parts needed. JJAndAracing.com
I still need to find out what size carrier and harness a warrior has and how that is different from a banshee, just to make sure that out axle will go into something. Hey 87, arent you useing a 450 carrier now?
JE piston, .60 bore, .415 Megacycle cam, Cometic gaskets, HD Kibblewhite springs, P&P, +1 Intake, Perma cooler, IMS tank, +2 ASR A-arms and pro-x tie rods, Hansen Fab Honda style +3 swingger, G Force adj. axle, 38mm Carb, Fox Floats, 01 660 rear shock, UNI Filter, Cyrca Pro-bends, BKT AT-111HD, YZ250 shifter, PRM skids, DMC Duel exhaust, FMF PB Header, SS brake lines, ProArmor pegs and heel guards, PRM grab bar, Graydon bumper, alba stabilizer, DeadLastGraphix kit

Login or Register to Remove Ads
DeadLastRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
87warrior917

Send a message via Yahoo to 87warrior917

Yeah i got a 450 carrier.... But its a lil too wide for i had to modify the sprocket hub a bit to get the chain to line up. If i remember right it was like 1/4 inch wider... This is a cool mod!!
-JE 366, P&P, KW oversized valve HD springs, Hotcam1, UM, Edlebrock, Yoshimura, KG clutch, ASR, Fox Floats, Lonestar +4 swinger and +1 stem, IMS, Blingstar, Dynatech, PRM, ITP, Maxxis, GYT-R, Pro-Taper, Durablue Eliminator, All murdered out.

05 Wolverine- Wifes quad
- Pro Design filter & Adapter, HMF slip-on, Custom pegs, and a few pink FOX decals
87warrior917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Hdale85

Send a message via AIM to Hdale85

Would it be more difficult to just use the entire swing-arm assembly from the honda? What's the benefit of this? Better durrability? Better bearings? Are the axles cheaper for hondas? lol
Hdale85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
87warrior917

Changing the swing arm from a honda wont work... But its much easier to tighten your chain and it will hold the chain tension for alot longer time. And its lighter, the carrier that the bearings go into is aluminum or billet like mine is.
-JE 366, P&P, KW oversized valve HD springs, Hotcam1, UM, Edlebrock, Yoshimura, KG clutch, ASR, Fox Floats, Lonestar +4 swinger and +1 stem, IMS, Blingstar, Dynatech, PRM, ITP, Maxxis, GYT-R, Pro-Taper, Durablue Eliminator, All murdered out.

05 Wolverine- Wifes quad
- Pro Design filter & Adapter, HMF slip-on, Custom pegs, and a few pink FOX decals
Old 08-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
Hdale85

How do you tension the chain on that one? The one on the warrior just has the 2 screws right? I know I tightened mine up pretty tight (too tight) and rode it once down the street and got back and checked and it was now about the right tension so it loosened up in just that little use. It hasn't moved anymore then that now but thought it was strange.

I don't have any welding gear so be hard for me to do this lol. I'd love to get a welder but the only thing I could afford is a cheap one.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
duneracerweston

Sick! The banshee axle is much smaller then the warrior axle around were the bearings ride so I'm interested in how this will work

DRW PERFOMANCE

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31275

JE, White Brothers, GYT-R, G1P, DRW, SH Design, Sidewinder, KYB, AMP, Maier, DG, ITP, Balistic Performance, CV4, MSR, Moose Racing, Dalton Racing, Mr. Crankshaft, IMS Roll Design, American Star Racing, Lone Star Racing, Speedlinez, ASV, Driveline Performance, Thermotech, JT Racing, Driven Performance, East Coast ATV, ALBA, DuraBlue, Shindy, Kibble White, D.I.D, K&N, OuterWares, Kehine.
duneracerweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
87warrior917

You tighten the chain by loosening the 2 bolts and rotate the carrier and it tightens. The carrier has 2 cam lobes so to speak on it that when rotated it tightens or loosens the chain

05 Wolverine- Wifes quad
Old 08-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #8
Hdale85

Oh that's interesting. Is that what the little disc on the left side is that has the holes? You put some sort of tool in the hole to rotate the hub.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #9
duneracerweston

The one on the warrior you haveto loosen the carrier adjust it to proper settings and retighten it all without gtting it out of square the honda you loosen 4 pinch bolts that squeze a cylender in place and the axle ios offset in the carrier so when you loosen it then you tur the carrior and it will move the carrier eather forward or back

DRW PERFOMANCE

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31275

JE, White Brothers, GYT-R, G1P, DRW, SH Design, Sidewinder, KYB, AMP, Maier, DG, ITP, Balistic Performance, CV4, MSR, Moose Racing, Dalton Racing, Mr. Crankshaft, IMS Roll Design, American Star Racing, Lone Star Racing, Speedlinez, ASV, Driveline Performance, Thermotech, JT Racing, Driven Performance, East Coast ATV, ALBA, DuraBlue, Shindy, Kibble White, D.I.D, K&N, OuterWares, Kehine.
duneracerweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #10
87warrior917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdale85 View Post
Oh that's interesting. Is that what the little disc on the left side is that has the holes? You put some sort of tool in the hole to rotate the hub.
Yupp the part with the holes is what is used to rotate the carrier. Ive found that a 1/4 inch long extension for a ratchet fits in it perfect and makes it super easy to tighten or loosen. I can tight my chain it less than a minute, it makes it that much easier. Plus ive had my swingarm for about 1 year now and ive honestly only tightened it twice, so it holds really good.

05 Wolverine- Wifes quad
Old 08-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #11
Hdale85

But to install either needs some welding right? Either being the 450 or the Honda.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #12
87warrior917

Well this is all about the HONDA style carrier holder. I just have a Lonestar yfz 450 carrier in mine, cause the lonestar carrier that came with the swingarm was busted, so i had to imprevise. But to do this mod yes it would require welding and making sure that carrier holder is perfectly square to the front sprocket.

05 Wolverine- Wifes quad
Old 08-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #13
Hdale85

Yeah, funny thing is both of those carriers seem to be cheaper on ebay then the actual Warrior carrier lol.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #14
elwood

if doing this I think the easiest way would be to use a banshee axle, and any other parts which should be cheap if buying used
Old 08-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #15
Hdale85

The banshee carrier doesn't adjust the same way though right? Does the banshee swing arm fit the warrior?