Go Back   YFM350.com Forums > Warrior/Raptor 350 Technical > Instructional Tutorials

Old 09-20-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
intense4

Send a message via AIM to intense4
Default Tether Switch HookUp?

I got the ProArmor Universal Tether Switch and was wondering if it is possible to hook up to the key ignition.

If so, can someone explain how?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
intense4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #2
yamarider

Send a message via AIM to yamarider

It's not possible, at least not without adding other components and making it complicated. With the use of a relay or 2 you COULD do it though.

MY TOYS:
-2008 Raptor 700
-1990 Suzuki DR350S
-1987 AMC Eagle Limited "Woody Wagon"
-1997 Ford Probe GTS (For Sale)
-1998 GMC Sierra
-1967 IH/Cub Cadet 123 (restored)
-1996 Cub Cadet 2130 pulling tractor

-2001 Elite Warrior - all modded out - sold
yamarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
pelphrey

Send a message via AIM to pelphrey

From my experience no do not goto the key switch period. When I got my kill switch it said to goto the stator and I decided I didn't want to test all 13 wires to find out which one I needed so I took the easy route and went to the ignition wire. Well I found out the hard way that touching the small round metal part on the kill switch and the clutch lever at the same time shocks you. And since I was too lazy to fix this I got shocked one other time. Let me explain.

About a month ago I cut the grass and then got the weedeater out and skinned all the grass around everything. It was damn near 100 outside and all I had on were jeans and shoes. Well I wanted to go ride after so I loaded my quad up and went to ride. I took a shirt with me but because I had grass all over me from the weedeater it just made me itch so I took my shirt off and rode witout one.

Well this day I decided I was going to turn this little hill into a small jump. I rode up it a few times to mark my spot on it and kind of form it into a jump. Then I started to hit it and after a few times I was like hmmm what will happen if I go faster. It is about a 3-4 foot jump where the ground is level with the top of the jump so you get a few feet of air at the most but your straight up and don't get thrown forward you have to land on your back tires then let the front end come down from almost 11oclock. Anyway like I said I started to get a little more brave and hit it hard one time. Well I got thrown forward and my left tit hit my kill switch while my left hand is on the clutch and my right hand on the brake I had gloves on also but I got the shit shocked out of my tit. I think my heart may have skipped a beat also.

After this situation and a sore tittie I had to finally change the wiring so it didn't happen again. I moved the wire from the ignition to the orange wire on the stator and so far so good. I was scared to test it out to see if I was going to get shocked again, but I couldn't handle another rock hard nipple for 3 days. (It didn't make it hard but its funny).

Hope that helps.
pelphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:17 PM   #4
atv

Send a message via AIM to atv

Quote:
From my experience no do not goto the key switch period. When I got my kill switch it said to goto the stator and I decided I didn't want to test all 13 wires to find out which one I needed so I took the easy route and went to the ignition wire. Well I found out the hard way that touching the small round metal part on the kill switch and the clutch lever at the same time shocks you. And since I was too lazy to fix this I got shocked one other time. Let me explain.

About a month ago I cut the grass and then got the weedeater out and skinned all the grass around everything. It was damn near 100 outside and all I had on were jeans and shoes. Well I wanted to go ride after so I loaded my quad up and went to ride. I took a shirt with me but because I had grass all over me from the weedeater it just made me itch so I took my shirt off and rode witout one.

Well this day I decided I was going to turn this little hill into a small jump. I rode up it a few times to mark my spot on it and kind of form it into a jump. Then I started to hit it and after a few times I was like hmmm what will happen if I go faster. It is about a 3-4 foot jump where the ground is level with the top of the jump so you get a few feet of air at the most but your straight up and don't get thrown forward you have to land on your back tires then let the front end come down from almost 11oclock. Anyway like I said I started to get a little more brave and hit it hard one time. Well I got thrown forward and my left tit hit my kill switch while my left hand is on the clutch and my right hand on the brake I had gloves on also but I got the shit shocked out of my tit. I think my heart may have skipped a beat also.

After this situation and a sore tittie I had to finally change the wiring so it didn't happen again. I moved the wire from the ignition to the orange wire on the stator and so far so good. I was scared to test it out to see if I was going to get shocked again, but I couldn't handle another rock hard nipple for 3 days. (It didn't make it hard but its funny).

Hope that helps.
Holy shit dude not to be off topic but man that gave me a good chuckle after reading that lol referring to ur "Brest" as a "Tit"
atv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:55 PM   #5
intense4

Send a message via AIM to intense4

Well, i went by what the paper's said and what WarriorSpeed said and hooked it up to the orange wire right befor the coil.

Yes i cut the wire, but only to add a female/male connector. It took me a while to figure it out, i had it hooked up right but had the long wire ran straight into the clip that hooks up to the coil and it wasnt working right, so i kept asking myself (WTF?) but finally figured it out.

What i was wanting to do is totally get rid of the key ignition and stock killswitch and use the tether switch with a small bolt on push button for the starter.
intense4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
BornWithNoBrains

So you need the orange wire out of the startor?
02 WARRIOR=
-Everyone knows that i ride a warrior but i have more balla than most kids have...im stupid crazy! balls to the walls or nothin....i jumped off a high wall and almost died...got back on my quad and kept riding..beat that! people say ohh yea i got a 400ex...so ill still fly by u in the trails because idgaf if i hit a tree...u do..-Jeff hall
BornWithNoBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #7
duneracerweston

Tie one end to the little orange wire that plugs into the coil, and the other to ground

DRW PERFOMANCE

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31275

JE, White Brothers, GYT-R, G1P, DRW, SH Design, Sidewinder, KYB, AMP, Maier, DG, ITP, Balistic Performance, CV4, MSR, Moose Racing, Dalton Racing, Mr. Crankshaft, IMS Roll Design, American Star Racing, Lone Star Racing, Speedlinez, ASV, Driveline Performance, Thermotech, JT Racing, Driven Performance, East Coast ATV, ALBA, DuraBlue, Shindy, Kibble White, D.I.D, K&N, OuterWares, Kehine.
duneracerweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
BornWithNoBrains

i know this is going to seem retarded but wheres the coil at? its not the wire coming out of the magnito is it ?
02 WARRIOR=
-Everyone knows that i ride a warrior but i have more balla than most kids have...im stupid crazy! balls to the walls or nothin....i jumped off a high wall and almost died...got back on my quad and kept riding..beat that! people say ohh yea i got a 400ex...so ill still fly by u in the trails because idgaf if i hit a tree...u do..-Jeff hall
Old 07-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
bones

its under the hood
87 Warrior, HotRods +4mm stroke 379cc, JE 11.5:1 (custom) ,hcs1 .390, K&N filter, clutch mod/HD springs, Pro Armor yfz450 bullhorn Bumper, DG Fat Series Alloy Nerfs, JP e-brake block off, IMS pegs w/ kick ups, yfz450 GYT-R heel guards , yfz450 exhaust for now, Hansen Fab +3 A-arms
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #10
BornWithNoBrains

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-WARRI...#ht_1201wt_879
looks like that? im going to have a fun time finding it :/ wheres it plugged into at?
02 WARRIOR=
Old 07-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #11
duneracerweston

The coil is in the nose, take the lights off then the hood, then you will see it, only 2 wires are there 1 orange(the one you need) 1 black (its the ground for the coil leave it alone)

DRW PERFOMANCE

JE, White Brothers, GYT-R, G1P, DRW, SH Design, Sidewinder, KYB, AMP, Maier, DG, ITP, Balistic Performance, CV4, MSR, Moose Racing, Dalton Racing, Mr. Crankshaft, IMS Roll Design, American Star Racing, Lone Star Racing, Speedlinez, ASV, Driveline Performance, Thermotech, JT Racing, Driven Performance, East Coast ATV, ALBA, DuraBlue, Shindy, Kibble White, D.I.D, K&N, OuterWares, Kehine.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #12
BornWithNoBrains

kk thanks man ur awsome!! weston is that ur name? well mines jeff
02 WARRIOR=
Old 07-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #13
duneracerweston

Nice to meat you Jeff

DRW PERFOMANCE

Old 07-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #14
BornWithNoBrains

one more question weston....once i hook up the tehther killswitch to the orange wire will i still be able to use my electric start?
02 WARRIOR=
Old 07-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #15
mrjim0214

Send a message via Yahoo to mrjim0214

im gonna say yes, as long as you have clip on. i just fuckin with ya jeff, no harm-no foul is it hooked up yet? read ur other post,,,,,,this whole wiring tether switch confuses me

Last edited by mrjim0214; 07-28-2012 at 09:41 PM.
mrjim0214 is offline   Reply With Quote