Go Back   YFM350.com Forums > Warrior/Raptor 350 Technical > Instructional Tutorials

Old 04-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #16
tyler

Default 01 Raptor shock installation

What was you running before the 12 tooth front?
K&N air-filter, Supertrapp pipe, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit, Raptor 660 rear shock, 5" front wheel spacers, Race cut front fenders,Tusk comp series nerf bars, front bumper, parking brake block off plate, Tusk aluminum gas cap, Metallic black frame, Blue a-arms/swing-arm, MSR handle bars, MSR bar pad & clutch perch, PRM Rear swing arm skid, Custom light set up, YZ 250 shifter, Drilled/ slotted rear brake disc! And more!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #17
jarheadoo7

the stock 13T
jarheadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #18
tyler

WOW thats crazy mine assent no where near that loose.
K&N air-filter, Supertrapp pipe, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit, Raptor 660 rear shock, 5" front wheel spacers, Race cut front fenders,Tusk comp series nerf bars, front bumper, parking brake block off plate, Tusk aluminum gas cap, Metallic black frame, Blue a-arms/swing-arm, MSR handle bars, MSR bar pad & clutch perch, PRM Rear swing arm skid, Custom light set up, YZ 250 shifter, Drilled/ slotted rear brake disc! And more!!
tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #19
LordBronz

I just installed my rear shock. I counted my front sprocket to have 13 teeth. I didn't pay attention to how tight my chain was before the swap but it doesn't seem too terribly loose now. How do I know how many links to take out and how difficult a process is it to do so?

White Brothers E-Series exhaust, Works Performance shocks, Pro-Taper Handlebars, K&N Air Filter, Outerwears Pre Filter, Cut airbox, DG front bumper, DG Alloy Nerf Bars, Underbody/A-arm skids, Tapped crankcase oil cooler, Flipped rims, Raptor clutch assembly, Banshee rear shock, MSR clutch lever & perch, Tether cord kill switch, Gas billet, N style gripper seat cover.
LordBronz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #20
elwood

if you can tighten your chain to how it is supposed to be you don't have to take any links out, to take them out you need a chain breaker, you can get one at a atv/motocycle shop
Old 01-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #21
LordBronz

As far as tightening the chain goes, I want to be sure before I mess around with anything. Here is a picture of the back view.

The two bolts stick out are what I assume to be the bolts I tighten to tighten the chain but I probably have to loosen a bolt or two before I do that. Where are those?

White Brothers E-Series exhaust, Works Performance shocks, Pro-Taper Handlebars, K&N Air Filter, Outerwears Pre Filter, Cut airbox, DG front bumper, DG Alloy Nerf Bars, Underbody/A-arm skids, Tapped crankcase oil cooler, Flipped rims, Raptor clutch assembly, Banshee rear shock, MSR clutch lever & perch, Tether cord kill switch, Gas billet, N style gripper seat cover.
LordBronz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #22
1998yamahawarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBronz View Post
As far as tightening the chain goes, I want to be sure before I mess around with anything. Here is a picture of the back view.

The two bolts stick out are what I assume to be the bolts I tighten to tighten the chain but I probably have to loosen a bolt or two before I do that. Where are those?
Top and bottom of the carrier loosens that and there should be 2 lock nuts on the adjusting bolts that you have to back off.

Yep I bleed blue!!
[COLOR=blue][COLOR=red] [SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black][B]
1998yamahawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:31 AM   #23
DeadLastRacing

yeah, you missing your lock nuts on those tentioner bolts.
JE piston, .60 bore, .415 Megacycle cam, Cometic gaskets, HD Kibblewhite springs, P&P, +1 Intake, Perma cooler, IMS tank, +2 ASR A-arms and pro-x tie rods, Hansen Fab Honda style +3 swingger, G Force adj. axle, 38mm Carb, Fox Floats, 01 660 rear shock, UNI Filter, Cyrca Pro-bends, BKT AT-111HD, YZ250 shifter, PRM skids, DMC Duel exhaust, FMF PB Header, SS brake lines, ProArmor pegs and heel guards, PRM grab bar, Graydon bumper, alba stabilizer, DeadLastGraphix kit

DeadLastRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #24
Puhly

Puhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #25
jeffsyfm350x

If you dont have a chain break find out how many links you need to take off and lay chain on it side and just grind a little off and take a take a screwdriver and hammer and the link will pop right off just make sure the tabs are ground flush to the link its pretty easy thats all I do! The first gen warriors I believe are a 100 links and the 2nd are 98! The raptor shock install shouldnt have changed anything after mine I put a new chain and was perfect!

jeffsyfm350x is offline   Reply With Quote