Go Back   YFM350.com Forums > Warrior/Raptor 350 Technical > Instructional Tutorials

Old 06-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #31
chad021

Default Parking Brake Blockoff and Clutch Lever for Raptor

for the warrior, its basically the same idea as on the raptor. Disconnect the block off in back and pull the extra cable from the stock perch. There will be 2 wires/switches running from the clutch lever. On my 2000 warrior it was really simple. One you diconnect a white adapter (junction) and run a few rounds of elctrical tape over the open terminal, and on the other there are 2 junctions. Simply unplug them from the switch and connect them back together. Since your running a new perch you really don't have to take the switches out from the stock one, but if you keep the stocker you can always pop them out with a screw driver.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
chad021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:56 PM   #32
2fast4urass2005

I sure could use the piece that you adjust the parking break with the part were the cable connects that bolts to the caliber... wanna sell it if so give me a price...
2fast4urass2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:14 PM   #33
660raptor

I bent my bars and my clutch a little while ago so i bought new renthal bars and a after market clutch, i am thinking about taking the stupid brake thats on the clutch but theres two wires that have male ends and they plug into the lever, what would i have to do with those? Im pretty sure that one of the wires runs the the CDI unit.
660raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:52 PM   #34
rwillis

I removed my e-brake and lever. As far the clutch switch, I removed it from the perch, wadded it up and zip tied it up under the hood. I didn't have to cut any wires or splice anything. With the plunger out, the switch thinks the clutch is pulled in. I have had it this way for about a year and no problems, plus if i want to put it back all I have to do is cut the zip tie and plug the switch back into the perch.
rwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #35
tyler

DUDE where did you get that Tusk parking brake block off at?!
K&N air-filter, Supertrapp pipe, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit, Raptor 660 rear shock, 5" front wheel spacers, Race cut front fenders,Tusk comp series nerf bars, front bumper, parking brake block off plate, Tusk aluminum gas cap, Metallic black frame, Blue a-arms/swing-arm, MSR handle bars, MSR bar pad & clutch perch, PRM Rear swing arm skid, Custom light set up, YZ 250 shifter, Drilled/ slotted rear brake disc! And more!!
tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #36
rwillis

As for the clutch switch, you do not have to cut the wires. I pulled the plunger switch out of the stock perch, rolled the wire and switch up and zip-tied them under the hood. Then if you ever want to re-install the stock perch, cut the zip-tie and plug the switch back into the perch.
rwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:05 AM   #37
JohnnyG

Hello all, a friend an I have put a 600cc yamaha crotch roctet motor on a worrior or roptor(i think) it looks and sounds Great! The only prob we have run into is that when we have it in neutral(idling), and have the clutch in, as soon as we shift it into 1st with the clutch still in, it kills the engine... Some1 told us it may b a kick stand sensor... Any1 got any ideas??? We used the rockets orig. wire harness. Cut and spliced what it took to get it right,,,well we thought. Thanks for any advice or help!
JohnnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #38
Marc63670

Ok, having this problem with my 03 Warrior. But the clutch perch has already been replaced by the previous owner. I'm thinking that the wires might have either reconnected, or loosened up. So what I need to ask us, what color are the wires I'm looking for? And which ones need to be wired together, and which seperated?
Marc63670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:39 AM   #39
Reactant

Wait...so totally stock...it shoujldn't even crank in gear without the clutch depressed? Lol I've scared myself by jerking my quad by accidentally trying to start it in gear.

1995 Yamaha Warrior 350 "Slick"
K&N air filter with pre-filter
White Bros. E-Series slip-on
GBC XC-Master rears, 20x11-9
Renthal bars
14/40 gearing
IMS YZ250F direct shifter
Raptor 350 clutch release mod
Jetted accordingly

Reactant is offline   Reply With Quote