Final Fantasy VII

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gen1Pat

Reaction score
I forgot what a GREAT game it is!!! Downloaded it to my PS3 and it's just as good now as it was 17 years ago!! Been a good ten years since I've played it. Brings back lots of memories from 97.

Wow... 31 views and this thread can't even get a, "hell yeah!" ?? Damn, what were all of you doing in 1997? This game was a milestone in gaming console history! lol

I'll give you a hell yeah! That's actually one of my most memorable past games. Probably the first real game I ever played. I started playing it again on a patched game on pc last year but it bugged out on me at the big hole up north. Can never remember why it was there. I couldn't get past that wind because the graphics were messed up

I'll give you a hell yeah! That's actually one of my most memorable past games. Probably the first real game I ever played. I started playing it again on a patched game on pc last year but it bugged out on me at the big hole up north. Can never remember why it was there. I couldn't get past that wind because the graphics were messed up

Alright!

Yeah, even my discs would freak out, too. It would get all stupid and the picture would jump around. Would have to swap in the next disc to get it working again, even though I wasn't on the next disc! It's been great playing it on the PS3. No discs!

I still have my original octagonal box with clean disks for PC. If I had a ps3 I would prolly be on my 10th play through lol.

Nice! I've got 7 and 8 on PlayStation. Got to the third disc on 8 (there are 4), IIRC. But, that was on PlayStation, so there is no way to retrieve my old data :/ I need to download 9. I had played that briefly as a kid, and never picked it back up.

I had a gameshark disc for playstation, until it broke. And, when you used it for FF7, your HP and MP were at the max after 3-4 fights. Made all the repetitive fighting go that much faster! If I'm not mistaken, it unlocked ALL materia, and I'm pretty sure it unlocked all the special weapons for every character.

that would be sick. i used to know where to get everything in the game. it would take me a bit but eventually i would figure it out again. i never played anything above 7 except 13. i believe all the old ones up to 4 or 5 i think. i think 8 was supposed to be pretty memorable too.

but man so many good things from 7. all the mini games. chocobo races, motorbike, snowboarding. aeriths death was a punch in the gut i still havent completely come to peace with. i was so depressed after that happened. when i replayed it a year ago or whenever it was, i just wanted to fast forward and pretend she just decided to leave on a long journey. in the patched pc game you can do all the game genie stuff and waay more. it basically becomes an open source game anybody can script into. one popular mod was to make aerith a playable character throughout the whole game. i almost did that but just opted for all the graphics and music updates. pretty cool to play with Uematsu's Black Mages remakes

I don't remember much from 8, it's been so long. I played 10 but hated it. My bud says 10-2 is way better.

I hear ya on the many good thing from 7. Everything that you listed is what helped to make the game great! Had a fantastic story line, too. You ever get Knights of the Round? That's when the Chocobo racing, and breeding, really came into play! One thing that always helped to make the game so memorable, was the music. Aeriths death was a total punch to the gut. I still don't care for it myself. If it were any other character, except for Tifa or Barrett, it probably wouldn't have stung so badly. The game plays on Cloud and Aerith having chemistry, so you can easily choose to stay close to her in the game, and actually develop a "bond" with the character. By the way, the actual anime version of Tifa, Aerith, and Yufi, are super hot! ;)

The game also had some of the best characters. Both good and bad guys. Lots of humor, too. The Turks were always worthy of a good laugh! Red XIII (Nanoni?) is probably my favorite character that you pick up on your journey. Vincent Valentine being my second, Cid Highwind third, Yufi fourth, and Cait Sith bringing up the rear. I think that about covers everyone...

They made one hell of a bad guy in Sepheroth! The music plays a HUGE part in his presence, and does a great job conveying how sinister and evil he is. That's another thing, very little voices in the whole game. The subtitles can get a little annoying to read, but, it works so well to have the music play on the emotions of the characters, and the game isn't "cluttered" with dialog.

Open world gameplay really made it's first debut in 7, I feel... Wow, I really am a nerd! hahaha!

I was around 17 when I was playing FF7. Got about 80 hours into it, little sister accidentally erased my memory card. I was so pissed off never played it again! FF9 is awesome too though.

Yep. Need to emulate though. Don't have a PS anymore. Too busy to play these days. I'll find time eventually.

Back