Gus' 89 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all warriors 02 -04 have that brake light and it's easy to make it work on the older warriors too

it's nice to have I have almost rear ended my buddy on his 94 so many times when following on my 02 I tend to let him follow me that way he knows when I'm braking

How does that work using those banjo bolt switches, I mean how do you do it? I read the sticky, just wondering how you did it.

The banjo bolt switches just replace the stock banjo bolt on your brake master cylinders, and they have a pressure switch built into them, so they make contact when you hit the brakes and the line pressurizes.

I wired from the brake wire on the tail light to one side of the switches, and switched power to the other side, so when the key is on i'll have a brake light, whether the lights are on or not.

I've noticed that one of my switches leaks a little bit, so if you buy the Chinese ones off eBay like i did, keep an eye on them. It could be because I re soldered the wiring tho, i may have heated the switch up enough to mess up the seal.

The switches.

20130203_095335.jpg

20130203_095637.jpg

Also the switch for the heated grips.

20130203_095600.jpg

Did the Raptor 350 clutch cable tonight, since i snapped my stock cable last weekend. It's a great mod that everyone should do, it's so smooth now. Also removed my e-brake cable since it was siezed and doing nothing, and modified the clutch lever perch to get rid of the e-brake assembly. Turned out decent for using a hacksaw and a dremel. The cable even came with a cover for the adjuster on the clutch lever.

20130213_191141.jpg

Also, in case anyone is apprehensive about doing the cable mod and using the stock warrior linkage, it works fine, just flip it over and clock it to the right spot.

Stock

20130213_183839.jpg

Flipped

20130213_191115.jpg

Cleaned up and re-packed my exhaust today.

Junk Cobra exhaust, came with the quad so whatever. Pulled it apart, found 2 small pieces of steel wool type packing left in it, no wonder it was super loud.

20130308_094301.jpg

Repacked it with stainless packing, cleaned up the aluminum, painted the can with BBQ paint, turned out alright for a piece of junk.

20130309_193237.jpg

Great thread, Gus! I just read the whole thing....what a transformation!!

Thanks! Have a few more things to do soon, Picked up an axle from Luscombe, now I can replace my carrier bearings finally. Found a set of triple rate works front shocks with remote ressies from a banshee that need to be cleaned up and refilled. And keeping my eye out for a 660 rear.

Got my rear carrier bearings swapped out, along with the replacement axle (thanks Luscombe) and the replacement brake and sprocket hubs (thanks bronc3buster842001). Cleaned & painted the carrier and added a grease nipple.

Also got some new shoes for the rear.
20130413_111544.jpg

20130414_171502.jpg

22x12-9 Kenda Bear Claws. My friend runs them on his Raptor 700 and they seem to be great in the terrain around here. Can't wait to get out for a ride.

Went for a ride a few weeks back, bottomed the quad out and caught the front bolt on the skid plate. Bent the crap out of the skid plate, if/when I make another one, it will definitely be thicker. Smoked it with a hammer a few times and it straightened back out alright.

20130916_121116.jpg

20130916_121124.jpg

Been watching eBay for months looking for a 660 rear shock for under a hundred bucks after shipping, finally found one so I picked it up. Installed it today. Raised the rear at the grab bar about 3 1/2" (without me on it). You can see how trashed my stock bumpstop is from bottoming out so much.

20130930_163258.jpg

20130930_170636.jpg

20130930_180922.jpg

For now the reservoir is in the stock brackets, zap strapped to the frame, until i can figure out a better mount for it.

20130930_181007.jpg

Still need to have my works fronts rebuilt and swapped in. Haven't had a whole lot of time for the quad lately, getting ready for school in the fall, and we had a little boy on Aug 6th. Already picked him up a 49cc 2-stroke minibike that he wont need for a few years haha.

20130911_074536.jpg

Nice thinking to use the stock brackets on the 660 resivor. I need to fine me some stock brackets now! Hahah

Cute. What's his user name? lol

That's Rhys :) He just turned one, time's gone by way too quickly.

Nice thinking to use the stock brackets on the 660 resivor. I need to fine me some stock brackets now! Hahah

Yeah, they worked pretty well. i think i could get away with using a couple of those rubberised cable hangers around the frame to mount them to, the zap-straps probably wont hold for long.

like these : https://www.elecdirect.com/catalog/cable-clamps-p-clips/steel-plated-neoprene-cable-clamps

Nice work man! I just read your whole build so far...******* sweet man! Love the graphics. Love all you've done. Good job!

Back