87 warrior acting up

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil red s-10

Reaction score
okay guys im posting for a buddy
he has a 87 warrior he got for 500 bucks and about three weeks after he got it it dropped a valve so thay re did the top end new jug piston head ect... ect....

at first we thought it was his carb so i was gonna sell him my one off my rappy cuz i am getting an eldelbrock and it just seems like its not opening up at all maby reaching like 4k in rpms slow as balls with either carb i also tried the clutch switch bipass with no avail can anyone give me some suggestions plz

okay guys im posting for a buddy
he has a 87 warrior he got for 500 bucks and about three weeks after he got it it dropped a valve so thay re did the top end new jug piston head ect... ect....

at first we thought it was his carb so i was gonna sell him my one off my rappy cuz i am getting an eldelbrock and it just seems like its not opening up at all maby reaching like 4k in rpms slow as balls with either carb i also tried the clutch switch bipass with no avail can anyone give me some suggestions plz

It could be timing? Check the timing marks, at TDC..

I also heard something like that once, and buddy had his valves set to tight.

Also I noticed it was poPping thru the intake kinda like popcorn which leasd me to think timing is off a tooth sound logical??

Yah that sounds like timing to me.. I wonder if air leaking threw the intake would do anything like it does on a 2 stroke? Maybe check the carb seal to the intake, and the one at the head?

Last edited:
I checked that the ild warrior boot was cracked to **** but the rappy boot he got is perfect and seal is goood

Have you tried a new spark plug? Inspected and cleaned or replaced the air filter? Have you checked for an exhaust restiction? All 3 can make it run like ****. What valve clearence are you runnin?

i know im digging up an old thread. but it still runs like garbage im leaning towards something electrical. when he originally got it the pickup coil was out of it and i also know that the flywheel is from a different year engine. i dont know does the flywheel maby have magnets in a different place cpompared to the old one/ and what are the specs for the stator and pickup COIL?

Back